 Trains / 29736
Re: Take a Ride on the Reading ( 0-6-0T Reading Switcher using Big Ben Bricks New Medium Drivers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2007 04:20:50 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Cale Leiphart wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:
   The lines on the prototype are very smooth there and it’s quite a prominent feature but I feel the stepping of tiles doesn’t do it justice. I’d prefer to see it made from 1x3 curves with perhaps a little less detail on top.

   In lugnet.trains, Ted Andes wrote:
   When I looked at the pictures of the real engine, I did get the same impression as Tim that the ‘back boiler shroud’ could be rounder (but I know its always hard to tell from pics of black bricks). I liked his idea for the 1x3 curve snot.

   Thank you both for your comments. The shroud your referring too is the water tank which is where the T in 0-6-0T comes from designating it as a tank engine. The most famous tank engine being Thomas. I actually considered using the 1x3 curves but would have cost some detail. I suppose it’s a matter preference. I went with more detail over a smoother shell.

Hi Cale,

to get some of the curve while keeping the detail, you could split the difference and use 1x1 cheese slopes in place of the top 1x8 & 1x1 tiles. In any event, the build clearly shows a lot of attention to detail, I liked the way you did the bell and the air compressor up front (would love to see a shot of the inside of the cab).

Benn