 Trains / 29711
29710  |  29712
Subject:
Take a Ride on the Reading ( 0-6-0T Reading Switcher using Big Ben Bricks New Medium Drivers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2007 00:13:11 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Reading B4a class 0-6-0T Steam Switcher #1251

Built by the Reading shops in 1918 for the Philadelphia and Reading Railroad #1251 was pieced together with parts from a previous 2-8-0 consolidation. She was well liked by crews and served for 45 years performing switching duties at the Reading shops. Upon her retirement from the Reading in 1963 #1251 was used for a short time pulling passenger excursions on the Maryland and Pennsylvania RR before being acquired by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission in 1968. #1251 is now preserved and on display at The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania.

Brickshelf Gallery

This model uses Big Ben Bricks new medium size drivers. I wanted to keep the little B4a in scale with my other steamers but the large BBB drivers were a bit too tall. Thankfully Ben Fleskes was kind enough to send me a few of his new medium drivers which worked out perfectly for the scale I wanted. She is unpowered but moves very well when pushed by another locomotive.

Any questions or comments are welcome

Cale