 Trains / 29448 (-20)
  Re: Impact of LTCs (Re: The Official "Issues List")

(...) ... (...) The thing about the 9v trains is that it is a gateway to building a train layout (conventional model railroading has a long history with adults, etc etc etc). The layout, whether a LTC or in someone's basement, will likely be (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, lugnet.trains)

  Re: what makes a good engine shed?

(...) Graffiti :) (URL) needed something on an otherwise bland building) (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(...) Jason, Thanks for the compliments! I'm also happy with the way that the sunken box turned out for the exhaust. I wasn't sure it was going to look good. I really tried to tile, or not show studs on the front, but couldn't find anything else (...) (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(...) Cale, Thanks for the compliments! My process for making the stickers begins with finding a good picture of the real sticker on the real train. Here is a great source: (URL) finding one that is a direct shot of the real sticker, I then spend a (...) (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(...) I'll be the first to admit I'm not the biggest fan of diesel MOCs, but that has so many interesting details I really do like it. The bogeys are a neat design, particularly the way the steps are part of the bogey but line up neatly in the (...) (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Indiana and Ohio GP7

Nice to see you got this built, looks good. -Stefan- (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(...) That is one sweet loco Scott. So many nice details an very well proportioned. The decals look awesome. I'm curious how you made them as I've been searching for a good solution for my own decals. Great work. Cale (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Indiana and Ohio GP7

(...) Hi Matt This is a very nice engine. I love high nose diesels and this one has a great color scheme. Excellent job on the hand rails. Cale (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: what makes a good engine shed?

(...) Just looked at your link after posting my previous message, the clerestory roof is another interesting way of doing it. Tim (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: what makes a good engine shed?

(...) I actually googled the images to suit the example I thought of rather than having them saved. . In the UK many larger sheds had Northlights, i.e. a ridged roof with glass in the north facing slopes to get the best light. Often the ridges were (...) (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(...) That's a nice locomotive! Seeing models like this that so closely resemble the trains I have seen near my house is neat. Jim (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Pictures of QueLUG's layout at the Canadian Railway Museum

This past weekend, August 18-19, QuéLUG was participating in a train show at Exporail - the Canadian Railway Museum in St-Constant, Québec. We had a 8'x45' layout (2,5 m x 13,5 m) featuring 3 train loops, 1 monorail loop, rural, residential and (...) (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.org.ca.quelug, lugnet.trains) !

  Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(URL) Please take a look at the rest of the pictures here: (URL) Thanks for looking, Scott (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: what makes a good engine shed?

(...) For some inspiration on a large scale, I thought I'd post some links to video clips that show some of the current GE Locomotive manufacturing 'shed' in Erie, Pennsylvania... worth watching just to see the engines moving around by gantry crane (...) (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Indiana and Ohio GP7

(...) Tim, the grilles aren't held together by any studs at all, just clips and bars (I'll have to take a pic to show you what I mean). If you would like to make stickers for me of the logo that would be fantastic! Thanks a bunch. :) (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: what makes a good engine shed?

(...) Wow Tim. Thank you for your reply. The photos you provided are awesome! Got any more you might like to share?? I’m always looking for cool links I can reference when I’m building something. Actually at the moment I’ve been referencing (URL) (...) (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Indiana and Ohio GP7

That is a great model and a great livery. I'll echo Harvey in saying its the best GP7 I've seen. As a matter of interest why is the SNOT for the grills so complicated? Tim PS would you like me to make some stickers for the logo? (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Indiana and Ohio GP7

(...) This has to be among the best Geeps I've seen built from LEGO. (...) Rooftop air reservoirs help add to the profile, as well as spur questions from those not-in-the-know. (...) Spotlighted -HRH (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Indiana and Ohio GP7

I've been itching to build an EMD GP7 or GP9 (they are nearly identical in appearance) for a while and I settled on the Indiana and Ohio Railway Company scheme. The air reservoirs on top of the hood aren't (URL) prototypical>, but I just had to use (...) (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: what makes a good engine shed?

(...) Well for those of you building steamers, an (URL) pit> and (URL) hoods> are good details. Plenty of piles of ash are good too. For a better equipped shed how about shear legs, a hoist or a small gantry crane and a (URL) lathe>, either for (...) (17 years ago, 20-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact