 Trains / 29314
Re: Is it possible to run lego trains outdoors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2007 17:05:22 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Doug Dropeskey wrote:
   After moving 4 times in 4 years, I find myself with a house. Unfortunately, there is not enough room in the house or garage for a lego train setup. But I do have a large, fenced in back yard with lots of trees. So then, is it possible to weatherize a lego train and run it outdoors? That is, can I a lay a track and leave it outside? I am in northern California and do not have to contend with snow, but it rains quite a bit in the winter.

-Doug

As advised elsewhere, the answer is “no”, UNLESS....

you do as I am going to do. My next Big Thing® is going to be creating 12 wide LEGO trains that utilize G scale track, trucks, couplers, and motors. I will run them outdoors (but won’t leave the trains outdoors; just the track). More on that little project as it develops:-)

JOHN