 Trains / 29303 (-20)
  Re: ILTCO @ NMRA Nat'l Train Show

(...) Hi Matt, Thanks for offering to do this. This is something I would definitely like to take you up on. I love good food and drink (and company!). Best, Jonathan (17 years ago, 9-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sleeping coach Polish Railways

(...) Very nicely done, thanks for sharing. I love the use of the telephone reciever piece for the handles - I haven't seen it before and it looks great. -Matt :) (17 years ago, 9-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO @ NMRA Nat'l Train Show

I am very familiar with the city of Detroit from great restaurants and amazing bars to the University and Cultural/Museum district architecture and a bit of histroy. I would be more than happy to show some people from the various clubs around. I (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project

(...) Well I have an update, if anyone is interested. It looks as if the TSRR has been saved, but not in the most favorable way. Instead of giving it the money it needs, the Texas Government decided to give operational control to a specifically (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  ILTCO @ NMRA Nat'l Train Show

Hi All, Just wanted to remind every one about the NMRA National Train Show LEGO layout. There will be ~12 clubs jointly diplaying their best stuff in a giant ~100'x100' layout. It is at the Cobo Conference/Exhibition Center on July 27 - 29, 2007 in (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jul-07, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: How much does a weight brick weigh?

(...) Oh, I had no intention of using 2x4 bricks to add counterbalancing weight (unless, of course, they were magnet bricks). They just happened to be handy for a weight estimate, but using them permanently would have caused some of the same (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How much does a weight brick weigh?

(...) I tend strongly towards the "purist" end of the spectrum, but when my son really wanted to make a LEGO trebuchet I couldn't bear to dedicate my weight bricks to a project that I feared would never be disassembled (it still hasn't). Instead we (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How much does a weight brick weigh?

(...) This reply may be useless for you since you got the weight brick, but it can be useful for those who don't have any: Brick 2x4 is not the ideal part for adding weight because it's hollow. Plates have definitely more ABS per volume unit. 24 (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PRR T1 #6110

(...) Thanks Tony... However, I don't think my LDD Dreyfuss Hudson really counts (I have to say that LDD attempt was lacking in a lot of areas since improving my train building skills). To be frank, I abandoned building the Dreyfuss in real-life and (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Best of Steam - Brickworld 2007

(...) I was already bummed out for missing Brickworld, but to see that all of these great steam engines were there too just makes me depressed. I've studied most of these online for some time, and it would have been great to see them in person. I (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PRR T1 #6110

(...) SNIP Looks great, Ted. I'm glad you followed through in completing it in real life. Along with you creating the Dreyfuss Hudson, this is another engine that I'd like to build that you beat me to :) I don't have anything constructive to add (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: How much does a weight brick weigh?

Q: How much would a weight brick weigh, if a weight brick could weigh weight? A: Pretty much half of what I needed. I got two weight bricks today, and while they may not be the exact perfect amount of counterbalancing, they are sufficient for the (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Sleeping coach Polish Railways

Hi all, Just uploaded a few renderings of my new sleeping coach type WLABdmnu from the Polish railways. This international train drove from Moscow through Poland and Germany to Brussels. Now this train doesn't come to Brussels anymore. My car has (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Paging Tim Gould, Paging Tim Gould....

(...) John, I am in no way a POV-Ray expert (I'm pretty much a novice) but I have done it on a Mac. The tools I use after putting together the model using ldglite or MacBrickCAD or Bricksmith are the Mac OS X version of L3P, POV-Ray 3.6, and (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: PRR T1 #6110

(...) Ben, Thank you for your thoughts. Your presentation on “5 Steps to Create Cool Lego Steam Engines” helped immensely when I was designing this MOC (thanks again Tony Sava for linking). I admire the attention to detail in your engines, so I am (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO Web Site and Database

"Paul Sinasohn" <singlow2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:JKB9xC.p5G@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks for the offer. The e-mail archives are fine, they were on a different server, it was just the database (unfortunately) which was lost. Mike (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Paging Tim Gould, Paging Tim Gould....

(...) I could be wrong, but that image looks like it came out of LDView 3.2. --Travis (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: sub station?

(...) This one is from the UK GWLTS 3. I can't remember who made it though: (URL) was it the year later: (URL) Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk) irc: irc://irc.blitzed.org/ web: (URL) +44 (0)780 8369596 (17 years ago, 2-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Paging Tim Gould, Paging Tim Gould....

(...) Hmmmmm... do I give my secrets away or not? ;) In truth I don't think my renderings are close to the nicest but they are very cheap in terms of time for a fairly high reward (or at least one I like). Unfortunately right now is not a good time (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Paging Tim Gould, Paging Tim Gould....

I'd really appreciate your help, Tim. As you now know, I'm a Mac person and so I never got into MLCAD, and haven't really explored Bricksmith too much. Ross, however, has puttered in MLCAD, and can create models fine (although he needs to learn (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact