 Trains / 29043 (-20)
  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) My advice, if you haven't already bought the sets, would be to see if you can get the (URL) blue version> of the coaches. The Orient Express coaches are all blue for the sleepers and blue below and a light cream above for the day coaches and (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) Hi Laurent, Firstly I think that it really depends what style of layout you want to have. If you just want something that looks vaguely like an Orient Express but made from LEGO then you probably should just find pictures from movies and the (...) (17 years ago, 15-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Help with Orient Express...?

Hi all! With the attic being shaped up to become my hobby room, I'm designing plans to link all the existing sets & stuff I have created into my own Lego world. The main challenge will be the trains that will ride through the whole set-up. I've (...) (17 years ago, 15-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Three little MOCs

(3 URLs) (Click pics for BS) (URL) Flickr> Hi all, A few MOCs (although the Forklift is more an EOC given the number of people I borrowed from). The freight car is a Cawoods wagon in British Fuel(s) paint. The forklift is based on work from Alban (...) (17 years ago, 14-Apr-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  Re: A Cool Viaduct

(...) Eek! I am such a puts. Sorry Jordan. (...) (17 years ago, 14-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

(...) When I designed this tram, I had to make a decision: should I model the window frames or should I use standard windows? Since official LEGO models sometimes use non-transparent bricks as "windows", I thought I could do it as well. (Tiny Turbo (...) (17 years ago, 14-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  A Cool Viaduct

Jason, I like your viaduct[1] that is featured on the Cool Train Creations web site. Oddly, when I download the model and open it, LDD reports that 51 pieces are placed incorrectly and that they will be removed. Does the same thing happen when you (...) (17 years ago, 14-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF Loco available again?

(...) If I understand correctly, the Santa Fe Super Chief and BNSF locos have never been removed from the European Shop at Home site. Apparently, as I have been told by a LEGO store employee I talked to recently, LEGO has fixed product life cycles, (...) (17 years ago, 14-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF Loco available again?

(...) Sorry for replying to my own post, but I just checked the LEGO site for Europe and discovered that the BNSF is showing available now as well as the Santa Fe Super Chief engine. CDC (17 years ago, 14-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF Loco available again?

(...) I also ordered two of the BNSF train sets the day they became available. After I processed the order online I phoned shop@home to inquire if the sets were going to be available and to make sure this was not a fluke. I was told that a shipment (...) (17 years ago, 14-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF Loco available again?

(...) What a drag. Might be worth a phone call. I hope it works out for you. Good luck! Jonathan (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF Loco available again?

(...) I ordered two of them when they first were available again on the 3rd of April with the promise they would be shipped in 14 days. After reading your post, I went to S@H to see for myself, and then out of curiousity checked on the status of my (...) (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF Loco available again?

(...) And, today it is nowhere to be found . . . Nowhere that I can see. Jonathan (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Save the 10183 trains!

In lugnet.trains, Jeroen de Haan wrote: ... (...) In working with LDD, I've found a couple of tricks. First, even in the instruction mode you can change your viewpoint to see the bricks that have appeared (a "highlight new bricks" feature in the (...) (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 6 wide Cab Forward 4-8-8-4 Steam Loco

(...) James, Thanks for your comments. I have just rebuilt the cab again. Pics are in my Brickshelf Folder. (URL) Links. (URL) me know what you think. Thanks, Bruce (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested

(...) Chris, Thank you very much for your comments and insight. Agreed, pivoting from the two inner trucks would reduce the overhang. There are two constraints affecting this design decision: I would like to have the three-wheel trucks on the (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Automated shunter/switcher

(...) Very quick work getting a working decoupler in such a tiny space. I thought you may have bitten off more than you could chew but it seems I've happily been proved wrong. Awesome. (...) Well I'm not UK/US but I'm certainly a native speaker... (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested

(...) Hi Jordan Definitely recognisable as the GG1 48 studs is long - the same length as my GE ES44AC which runs OK through curves. The only 'problem' will be clearance for the centre overhang. Mounting the pivots at the end, the centre of the body (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Automated shunter/switcher

(...) I finally managed to create something that seems to be working, while still not standing in way of the original design (except for the lowest part at the rear, but I can live with that. (6 URLs) Magnets are coupled sideways, giving it enough (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 Hobby Train instuctions

(...) Ah, he has posted that they were just for the first model, as Ross has said :( I assume he got an early copy before the instructions were printed. (although perhaps I should stop making assumptions!) Sorry to disapoint everybody. Tim (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact