 Trains / 28223 (-20)
  Re: Super Chief Engine Available from S@H? // Wear + Friction on new wheel sets

(...) Dear Paul, thanks for bringing this topic back into discussion. The plastic trains are now out for a while and I wonder if anyone has won experience on long term use (I am talking about several hours or some days) of the new wheel sets (...) (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Super Chief Engine Available from S@H?

(...) I'm more curious to see if this production run of the locomotive and car sets will use the new "assemble-yourself" wheelsets with separate wheels and axles. The original ATSF production had running issues with their own grey wheelsets due to (...) (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Super Chief Engine Available from S@H?

(...) Same for the Santa Fe cars set 1. The appear to be backordered now as well. I believe they have been out of stock for quite a while now. Jonathan (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NovaLUG displaying at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic over Christmas

NovaLUG will be displaying a 6' by 16' layout at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic ( (URL) ) in Halifax, from Sunday December 10th to Sunday January 7th. The layout will be staffed by NovaLUG members on weekends and (hopefully) the week between (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.org.ca.novalug, lugnet.loc.ca.ns, lugnet.loc.ca.ns.hal, lugnet.trains)

  Super Chief Engine Available from S@H?

It looks like the 10020 Super Chief may be available again in the near future. Currently the US Shop At Home site says "Backorders Accepted, Will ship by 15 Dec 2006". If this is true, it will mean the return of a favorite of LEGO train fans. It (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.lsahs, FTX)

  Re: Any 9v train update?

(...) Dean, If I understand your question correctly, you are asking, what prevents one from designing a 9V version of 7898 using LDD and ordering that one? The answer is, LDD has a limited palette of brick types and colors. The 7898 set uses a (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any 9v train update?

(...) What is stopping someone knocking it up in LDD and uploading it? (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDD Train Station MOC

(...) Just got an idea for how to make the front on the AEM7 look even better... more to follow. Don't order anything just yet :-) -Jordan (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDD Train Station MOC

(...) Paul and Mark, Thanks for your compliments. It looks like the station on Factory is still awaiting moderator approval as of this morning, thus explaining why it is not visible. I should add that, I priced out the station as pictured (without (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Comments about James Mathis' Factory Sets

(...) Hi Ville, Wow, thanks for sharing all of that great feedback on these Factory sets. That's a lot of useful information for anyone considering these sets. You even provided pictures of the mods you made! When I suggested you provide some (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: LDD Train Station MOC

(...) SNIP (...) Hi Jordan, This looks really cool and impressive. I tried to find it in your gallery on factory.lego.com (username jbschwarz) but I didn't see it there. I normally like to download LDD MOCs so I can spin them around in LDD and check (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDD Train Station MOC

That's really great. I like the technique you used for the roof! I love when talented builders like you give us new ways to use the relatively limited pallette of LDD. Thanks for sharing! (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: TCLTC Layouts Rendered in Sketch-up

(...) It appears rippled because it is rippled in the photo from which it was taken. There was no intentional rippling (I think that's a 5 yard penalty and a loss of down!) JOHN (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: New TCLTC Web Site: LUGNET!

Great idea! Not only will that keep your LUG site updated, it will also make it a lot easier to get in touch or ask a question. Also nice to see your faith in the mother LUG- Lugnet. God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: More red train doors

(...) They probably come directly from the TLC spare parts service. Didier (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More red train doors

Just got an email from the seller. They are all from the 7905 City Crane. -- Bryan "Jordan Schwarz" <jbschwarz@ThisIsRea...gmail.com> wrote in message news:J9rCFC.Lr6@lugnet.com... (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Comments about James Mathis' Factory Sets

(...) Hey, Sorry that it took this long to answer. Here is my personal opinion about Factory concept and three James Mathis’ sets I bought from Lego Factory. These comments are free to use and fill. First about Factory Set Concept ---...--- I think (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Lego factory sets / building instructions

(...) Thanks for advice. I had an old 486, Windows 98 SE and a tight internet security program. I couldn’t load set to LDD program and make instructions. Luckily I found James’ LDR/MPD-files from Brickshelf and made instruction by MLCAD. VILLE (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First MOC after quite a while of frustration...

(...) I'm pretty sure that Chris M. is no stranger to the use of rotary tools. Seems like a common affliction here in the Northeast. Of course, none of us can "hold a candle" to the exploits of Tom Duggan! (There's a very good reason why he builds (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: First MOC after quite a while of frustration...

(...) Ladies and gentlemen, you have been reading Chris Masi, rationalizing from the edge of The Slippery Slope™. Watch now as he slides into the Pit and meets the Dremel Himself-- Rob Hendrix! :-) JOHN (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact