 Trains / 2709
Re: Hiawatha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 14:10:04 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

I plan on building an 8 wide Atlantic, and J1 has already built a beautiful
4-6-4 [1] Hudson to pull the 6 wide cars (sorry, no pics yet) which it
actually did in 1939 to replace the Atlantics.

-John

[1] Although J1 nailed the body design, the driver configuration was altered
a 4 because of design constraints.  It, however, is a sweet model:-)

And this coming from a guy who I constantly needle because he wants to build 8
wide trains...  -blush-

And the best part?  Now that I have pictures of the locomotive, I can actually
rebuild it after its trip to the floor!  I sat with all the pieces, but
couldn't remember how to put them all together.  That's a terribly frustrating
feeling!

To give you an idea of how complicated the locomotive is, I think it uses
around 100 "1x2 plates with single top stud" in grey, and about 20 in red.  It
was a monster to build, but it sure looks nice...  :-)

JohnG aka "John1", GMLTC
  (ya you betcha, remove the ".nospam" to reply, don't cha know...)