 Trains / 2704
Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 05:25:47 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

John Warren wrote:

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

John Warren wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Ben Fleskes writes:
The traditional 1x4x3 train windows are nice.  But they aren't necessary, very
nice models can be made without them. I made a custom club car that doesn't
even use any of the specialized pieces (windows, doors etc) that come with the
metroliner and it still works seemlessly with the entire train.

Having a Metroliner isn't all that it's cracked up to be.  I have three and
have pretty much disassembled all of them.  Shoot, two of them were never even
put together to begin with.  Building your own custom stuff (in my opinion) is
so much more fun.

Actually, I'm getting ready to start my next project.  Amtrak superliner cars,
without using a single window piece.  Hmm, how is he going to do that you
ask?  stay tuned.  Perhaps in a couple of months I'll have some pictures.

Ben Fleskes
PNLTC

Hmmm, I don't know, Ben.  I have a feeling that you are going to break down and
at LEAST use some of those metroliner windows on the lower levels of your
superliner cars. :)

Naah, he'll use  1x2x2 light blue thin walls, my new favoritest element.

-John
I don't know about that.  I have a whole room full of legos and out of that pile I come up with very few 1x2x2 thins walls compared to my amount of trian windows.  Since Ben collects mostly trains I'm sure he's in the same predicament.  I must say, however that those type of windows would look nice.  Where are you getting all of yours from?

Steve Demlow found 25 sets of the 6553  http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=crisis for me which contain 2 a set.  The 4565 Freight and Crane Railway has 4.  We (GMLTC) have incorporated them into our new Milwaukee Road Hiawatha passenger train.  Pics coming soon:-)

-John

Wow!  I absolutely love passenger trains.  Are you guys using orange, brown and
black as your primary colors for this model?  Also what time period are you
guys aiming for with this train?

J. Warren