 Trains / 27023 (-20)
  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) Oh, yea, it's waaaay to short to be prototypical. But I see what you mean about the safety cab hood being a little too short. Don't know how much I can change in the cab, and keep the snotty windows. As for the striped portion, I think it's (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) Not bad, but a bit stubby, as others have said. Try making the cab a bit shorter. That gives a stud or two more to the hood and hides the disproportionality. Also, consider black trucks instead of gray. Gray is a bit too light for most protos (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) Hi Aaron, Nice trick for the stripes. The studs at an angle solution really works well. Overall the train is extremely well constructed and detailed but my first impression with that the engine was too stubby even for this stubby six-wider. I (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) As a train novice, it is perhaps not entirely my place to comment, but I am very impressed. I would never have guessed this was a beginning; it looks like the work of an experienced train builder. As I'm just starting into trains, myself, (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  CN engine WIP

Greetings, Some of you may recognize my name, but probably are wondering if I made a wrong turn onto lugnet.train. No wrong turn, just a dare from Mat Clayson that I couldn't build an engine and four cars before he built a Moonbase Module. So, this (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  My Christmas 2005 Train Layout

I posted my Christmas 2004 layout so here is my second LEGO train layout (Xmas 2005). This year I did a complete stud coverage of the six foot by twelve foot layout. Some points of interest is an "L" track running overhead, Burning house, Santa's (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) This is a good example of the first methode: (URL) Mat (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Strangely enough I am a farmers nephew and a farmers grandson (times a few) but I am a city boy my whole life so no John Deere for me. That is the (URL) green and gold> of Australia. I liked that train. Especially the chain on it. (...) I've (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Interesting; I didn't know that (URL) John Deere> built locomotives, too. I built (URL) this> (URL) Ferguson> loco myself a while ago, in case anybody missed it. (I am a farmer's son, as you may have surmised already) I see that you have (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Hey Tim, What do you mean "fixed"? I still don't see the train on the side bar :-) And Tim, that is, the other one, Timothy Gould, I've been following your creations lately, and I must say, they rock! But CAD pictures will never bee the same (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Very nice work, CM Tim! But please: it's 38 Class, not Class 38. I think you've been too long in the UK! Spotlighted. Thanks for sharing. Cheers Richie Dulin (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Hey guys- Just a quick weigh on this boiler design-- here is my Percy: (URL) Sorry, don't remember how I actually built it; I don't even display it anymore since the Duplo Thomas sets were introduced. Well, back to scrambling to get ready for (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

Hi Mat, (...) Basically this arrangement: (3 URLs) (...) Good luck with it. From what I've heard of people who run layouts Thomas is always a big hit. Tim (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Now that's interesting. Your boiler design is similar to what I did for a GW pannier tank engine, "Duck". I'd love to compare how you did you snotting attachments. (URL) I'm still working on them, but I'm building some engines for a Thomas the (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Sorry Esben (URL) Fixed Tim (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Flex parts (Was NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer)

(...) Hmm, perhaps there a range of parts I should CAD. The flex rods are pretty simple and the tube is already done. The (URL) older type >of connector is in the Parts Tracker, as is the (URL) ball version>. The (URL) newer pin connectors> are (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) It is there for the working pistons I never added ;) (...) That is actually the second iteration of the boiler. The first used macaroni but I felt it was a little too blocky. (...) (URL) They did>. It got spotlighted. You forgot to put it up. (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) As per usual I forgot to say half I wanted to so... I also like the greebling on the front footplate below the boiler and use of the (URL) Technic Beam 2 with Two Antistuds' (32530)> in the cylinders, coincidentally I was thinking of using (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

--SNIP-- (...) My L Class wasn't streamlined :P (...) I think the cone would be too pointy. The peak is surpringly blunt for a streamliner. I know what you mean about looking Russian. I think it might be the comparatively large boiler... and the (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Nice to see you doing steam, one day you will do one without the fancy streamlining to show the greeble underneath ;-) The loco looks good, but I feel the streamlinedness is a bit understated, I'm sure you thought of it but I think a cone (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact