 Trains / 25657
    Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special) —Ondrew Hartigan
   (...) well i have known about the "rc train" for about 2 months now and since there is allways some huge announcment typicly involving the train line logic tells me that we will get some sort of information at brickfest. even if it's nothing more (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special) —Paul S. D'Urbano
   (...) SNIP (...) SNIP (...) Okay, so there's no point in speculating but I will anyway since I've been interested in (and worried about) what this could mean since I first saw the coming of RC LEGO trains mentioned on the Eurobricks main page a (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special) —John Barnes
     (...) I don't normally like these speculative threads but I feel compelled to add a couple of comments here although I also have the nasty feeling it is already too late. Plastic rails and a battery in the train makes a lot of sense for a cost (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special) —Steve Bliss
     (...) This already happens -- monorail is a popular item in train displays, and monorail is definitely a legacy product. I haven't heard of any displays of 4.5V/12V setups, but I wouldn't be surprised by them. Steve (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special) —Jeremy Rear
     (...) Frank Filz hosted a 12 volt layout within our (PNLTC) layout at Beaverton Mall in 2002. The PNLTC website ((URL)) is down at the moment, but when it comes back up, please check it out (Under Galleries, See "Beaverton Mall"). -jeremy (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special) —Frank Filz
     (...) I have also run 12 V at: - Oregon Convention Center Grand Re-opening - BrickFest PDX As to battery trains being serious... One of the most serious RR sub-groups is slowly going battery powered - Garden Railroading (I call them one of the most (...) (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special) —Chris Gray
   (...) That wouldn't work all that well, I expect. There is a lower limit of voltage with which the electronics of the RC receiver will work. Below that, it would likely not drive the motor at all. I don't *know* any more than others (likely less!), (...) (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special) —Jan-Albert van Ree
     (...) That's a highly overrated phenomenon... I'm into modelrailroading too and for instance Fleischmann used this in their MSF controllers. However there's very little difference between that system and regular DC systems. What would work much (...) (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: the begining of something better?? rc trains (was: The End of 9 Volt?) —Ondrew Hartigan
   (...) i beleive what some of you are deaming of is what allready exists. Brian Willams, formarly of the niltc, created a rc engine in febuary of 2004 using the guts of an rc car and one modifyed train motor. if i remember correctly the rc unit (...) (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)