 Trains / 25423 (-20)
  It's coming (new hint daily)

Hi- SCLTC is up to something big. We will post a hint daily. You are invited to guess what we are doing. If, by chance, you know what we're doing, then it would not be a guess for you to respond here. Have fun! -Ted Michon SCLTC (19 years ago, 19-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  M>ltc at Morwell, June 11-13

M>ltc displayed our current layout at the Latrobe Valley Train Show on June 11-13. All went pretty well, and as it was the same layout as we (URL) displayed at Pakenham>, I decided not to take pics of our layout. But for those interested, I've (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains.org.mltc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spanish Brotli-Bahn Swiss Adler

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote: --SNIP-- (...) Wow, James - Wow. How do you DO this so consistently??? Best, Paul Sinasohn (19 years ago, 18-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Nominations for a trainset poll

(...) It would be good to see this done "officially" This one is modelled on the Hornby 75ton breakdown crane but has gone through a few revisions since the photo. (URL) was actually going to post this in the next few days as well :) (19 years ago, 18-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Nominations for a trainset poll

Right, its been a long time but I've finally got myself into gear to create the content for the poll so I can create the actual poll itself quite quickly Most of my ideas for entries already seems to have been done by James Mathis so here are a (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) Thanks to your links I made some carriages and uploaded some new pictures. Very useful! Thanks again, Tim (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

--SNIP-- (...) --SNIP-- I do prefer the Pendolino to the Voyager (and they are much more comfortable to travel in) but mostly it was the challenge of working out how to do the front in a six-wide train. I have to say that it's quite a challenge to (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) I'd missed the Pendolino, thats a nice model of a difficult (in Lego) prototype, and I agrre with James on the bit below the windscreen. To me its one of the non-obvious, but actually quite simple ideas that is very effective. One thing I find (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) Thanks! The credit for that actually half belongs to my wife who told me that an original curvier design actually looked less curvy and helped me refine it. The funny thing about that model is that the brick version looks narrower than the CAD (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spanish Brotli-Bahn Swiss Adler

(...) I'm not sure, but consider the following may be unavailable: 1x1 brick with studs on 5-sides, yellow 2x2 complex slope outside corner, brown 9v motor wheel shroud, red 1x4x2 multi-curved brick, green, brown, red, blue (on roof) 1x2x2 classic (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) Timothy, You are getting a really nice collection of models going here. The Pendolino is quite smart looking. I really like you solution for the black curved part beneath the windscreen. This Russion Trans-Siberian set is a good brutish (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spanish Brotli-Bahn Swiss Adler

(...) That is such a cute train. I saw your model while flicking through brickshelf the other day and thought at first you had made a sort of old-fashioned toy train until I saw the name and realised that it must have existed. Very nice take on it. (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spanish Brotli-Bahn Swiss Adler

(...) Yes! (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spanish Brotli-Bahn Swiss Adler

(...) Hi James, As always, a verry nice model! Should be made available through S@H as collectors item, isn't it? Keep the trains running! Regards, Ludo (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) Thanks for those links. I think its the ER1. Since the whole thing is virtual (and will stay that way unless I bag a mysterious and large inheritance) I can build as many cars as I like! That said, I will try to build about five. (...) I tried (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Spanish Brotli-Bahn Swiss Adler

I may have the name incorrect. A few years ago, I thought that I saw this train set listed as a Swiss Adler. Adler may be the namesake of the locomotive, while Brotli-Bahn the train-- bread or breakfast role train, I think. Thanks to Big Ben Bricks (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

Looks like either an (URL)/(URL) ER2> (DC) or an (URL) early ER9> (AC) see (URL) this page> for a list of Russian EMU types. I haven't found any images in the same livery as the ones you found tho'. The other coaches look pretty simple, just the (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) My favourite bit too. Originally the cowcatcher was attached upside-down which made it even more snotty but the front wheels looked stupid so far back. (...) I would have had to make it all in Smoke to differentiate from the Clear front window (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

SNIP What I like the most here is the use of a SNOT wheel holder as the front lamp. Smart idea. Quite stealable. You seem to have captured the proto quite well, and the windows are a refreshing change. Dunno why you picked solid colours though. If (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Trans-Siberian Railway

Dear all, Just uploaded pics of my rendition of a Russian EMU that runs one of the legs of the Trans-Siberian railway. Not sure of the name and class of it as the only railway fan pictures I could find were on a Russian site in Russian (x-posted to (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ru, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact