 Trains / 25378 (-20)
  Re: San Diego Coaster (Custom Livery)

In lugnet.trains, Martin Long wrote: SNIPPED That is one pretty train. I must commend you on such a fine rendition of James Mathis' work. BTW don't you just love the fact that smoke 1x2x2 panels can be found in any number desired these days, thanks (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: San Diego Coaster (Custom Livery)

(...) Wow! That's such a nice train and I really like the colours. Lovely work from both Martin and James. How far/fast does the real thing travel? It looks like a mid-speed longish distance train. Once again, fantastic work! Tim (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with short circuit

(...) There's a simple way to tell if it's a short, or just loss of power. If you get a short circuit, the green light on the controller goes very dim. If it's just that no power is getting to the track, your motor may stop moving but the controller (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: San Diego Coaster (Custom Livery)

Martin, Very nice! I since changed the coloring on mine by adding a teal stripe giving it a more Coaster specific color scheme (I'll try to post some pics). My friend and SPLTC cohort Paul Thomas ((URL) built a set using Metrolink colors last year (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  San Diego Coaster (Custom Livery)

Just wanted to share some photos of my recent build: (URL) My Brickshelf Gallery: (URL) Firstly, all credit for the design goes to James Mathis who posted the LDraw build on his Brickshelf pages some time ago. Interestingly, James tells me that he (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: TCLTC's version of Mathis Club Trolley

(...) Cool, James. Thanks for taking the time. That curved front reminds me that I forgot to take a pic of the controls-- it is possible to stand a fig (without a hat) at the controls: (URL) (...) Yes, I like that! (...) Neato. I think that we are (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with short circuit

(...) Mitch - You're seeing a feature of the selection of the switches, and the train won't derail if the switch is set against the direction of travel. See (URL) for more details on how switches work. Switches direct trains and current, so if you (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  BayLTC in Danville!

For Immediate Release Contact: Russell Clark rclark@telis.org 408.605.5412 (cell) SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) is pleased to announce that we will be displaying at the Museum of the San Ramon Valley in Danville, (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.western, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: TCLTC's version of Mathis Club Trolley

(...) And, now, I have tried a modified version of the Ross and John trolley. The roof is lengthened only; no change to make the roof one-piece. The front windows are curved, but the hinges are outboard-- no increase in height. I think this (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with short circuit

(...) Well in that case, I stand corrected - it is not a reversing loop and should work fine. It should not short at all. If it is, I would suggest replacing the points, as they are likely to be the cause of the short. ROSCO (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with short circuit

(...) Rosco, Thanks. Maybe it is working the way you describe. But in your diagram you have two left hand switches. I have a right and a left so my diagram would make the internal track look like an upside down 'V' rather than a diagonal slash. If (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with short circuit

(...) If you're getting a short, then you have a reversing loop. I'm guessing it looks something like this: /----\ | _/ If so, you definitely have a reversing loop. You can work around it by insulating the inside section of track completely and (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Help with short circuit

Here's the layout: an oval with a left and a right hand turnout. The turnouts turn into the oval and are connected with track. Nothing complicated here. If I switch both turnouts to the inside I get a short. If I switch only one to the inside and (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: TCLTC Style Track Details

(...) Thanks for that John. I doubt M>ltc will have enough tiles to do our entire layout anytime soon, but we may look at doing it a bit at a time, because I think it looks really good. It's may also look OK with lt grey tiles - many aus railroads (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Samsonite 118 Train set

(...) (URL) exchange rate 1968? (...) Thanks Gary, for letting me know about the exchange rate. I assume the catalogue price has been without tax, so all in all the prices have been on similar levels. (...) Yes there are a few minor design changes: (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: TCLTC Style Track Details

(...) Have you tried adding tan in places where you use more light grey than dark grey? See next to the red & yellow loco here: (URL) Tan has a similar brightness to light grey, so it can break up the monotony of the colour. My research into real (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: TCLTC Style Track Details

(...) I agree that black and white have no place in speckling. If one is to only speckle regular LEGO track, then using gray and light gray is a good solution IMO. I wanted to alter the tie frequency of the LEGO track, and so that is why I chose to (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: TCLTC Style Track Details

(...) John, I've been playing with as well, but I use a slightly differnt meathode for the curves. I'll have to check out what you've done when I get home, thanks for posting. I agree about the speckling, although I'm using gray and very light grey (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: WRONG Rung

(...) Post. As in I need to fix that post. (...) Not that I know of. (...) It needed to be done, there was no other way. (...) Only if you spill them on me... and you better not! (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WRONG Rung

(...) There goes Lar's LEGO budget for 2005... good thing I'm not coming over too or it would be even worse ;) O well, to make it up : all you modders that'll attend Berlin's 1000steineland will get the first round on me. (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact