 Trains / 25362
Re: TCLTC Style Track Details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 21:03:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mathew Clayson wrote:

   I’ve been playing with as well, but I use a slightly differnt meathode for the curves. I’ll have to check out what you’ve done when I get home, thanks for posting. I agree about the speckling, although I’m using gray and very light grey combined with the dark gray, no black or white. But using only dark gray only was very tempting.

I agree that black and white have no place in speckling. If one is to only speckle regular LEGO track, then using gray and light gray is a good solution IMO. I wanted to alter the tie frequency of the LEGO track, and so that is why I chose to go with dark gray only. Sounds too monochromatic, but in reality, slight shadowing of the plates adds just enough variation to my eye (see below)

I love that section between the tracks:-d

JOHN