 Trains / 24588 (-20)
  Re: lighthouse

(...) You are correct. I have the a small battery box that is located near the bottom of the top section. A motor is mounted with a lot of speed reducing pulleys in the bottom two sections. (20 years ago, 13-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: lighthouse

(...) Maybe the entire Battery Box rotates as well. Either way, I'd like to know too. Legoswami (20 years ago, 12-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: lighthouse

(...) That is an excellent technique and an excellent presentation thereof. Well done Lewis. Just an FYI: that was a link you posted; a deeplink is one that points directly to the image, usually ending in '.jpg' Peace and light, Professor Whateverly (...) (20 years ago, 12-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: lighthouse

Very nice round construction! (...) What about wire tangle? Philo (20 years ago, 12-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  lighthouse

Here is my latest moc. It is a lighthouse. It is not modeled on any specific lighthouse, i just tried to make a typical lighthouse. (URL) It uses a new way (at least for me) to build round structures. I am using a 1x2 brick + 1 round method. I am (...) (20 years ago, 12-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  Fw: SCLTC's latest additions (More pictures)!

(...) Since I realized I only posted to lugnet.announce the first time, I figured I'd let everyone else see it. - Thomas Michon Webmaster, (URL) SCLTC> (20 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: clip on train motor

(...) The also help secure the buffer/coupler unit to the end of the motor. Without the clips, the buffer plate tends to lift off. But one clip should work OK for this. I doubt you'll be able to glue it with any viable strength. I have a couple of (...) (20 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: clip on train motor

(...) They're almost essential for some methods of articulating bogies. Add a 4L technic beam to the motor, sitting on the clips. Use plates to fix it onto the motor's studs. Add a double axle joiner: (URL) held in with two axle pegs, with the round (...) (20 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: clip on train motor

(...) Thats interesting, I never realised they were for that (not having ever bought a 9V set). I always thought they just got in the way! Tim (20 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: clip on train motor

(...) Hello Mitchell, The tabs can be used to add on to the length of the train motor body by placing one edge of a 4-wide plate on them. The tab clips under the side edge of the plate. LEGO used this in some of their train designs. See the (...) (20 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  G.M.L.T.C. to display at La Crosse & Three Rivers Model Railroad Show

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club will be showing this weekend at the La Crosse & Three Rivers Railroad Club 24rd Annual Model Railroad Show. Thrill to the GMLTC's huge ever-expanding modular all-LEGO town/train layout (a 30'x19' "L" at last (...) (20 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.wi)

  clip on train motor

This train newbie discovered that one of the four "L" shaped clips on a train motor has broken off. (There are two forward and two aft) Is this critical? How is this clip used? (I still have the clip, and possibly could glue it back on but I am not (...) (20 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What if.....

(...) I’m an 8 wide guy so I’ll throw my opinion in here. I began building 8 wides because I wanted to have the freedom to build as wide, as long and as realistic as I possibly could. For those reasons alone I don't use train plates. The 2x4, 2x6, (...) (20 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What if.....

(...) Larry brings up a good point. When you think about a "Dream" part you have to look at how it would benifit the TLC. I think the 6x12 train plate has the potential to elliminate the need for the 6x24 and 6x28 train plates. Aslo from a (...) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What if.....

(...) Wouldn't use one. Would use the 2x2 tile with technic pin instead. (...) Bzzt, wrong answer. We're talking about a part that we want LEGO to make. It needs to fit in with their current parts and be useful to what they do. They do 6 wide. (20 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What if.....

(...) How will you get the bogie plate to rotate adequately though? Perhaps 7-wide would be better. To solve the 1-wide-plates-along-...e-problem, make it 8-wide! On second thoughts, that wouldn't work for locos with a thin stripe of one colour at (...) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What if.....

(...) I find that once you go to 8 wide you pretty much have to custom build your base plates using crossed technic plates to form the holes for bogie plates. Building around existing train baseplates makes the base too thick. IMHO MIke (...) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: And now, for another theme bastardization : : Track MOW Ship

(...) Hi Adrian, thanks for the kind words. I imagine this craft to be maybe 100-200 years in the future, when Mag-Levs have replaced all but a few trains, and the railnuts and historians are desprately trying to save the last, dying breed of (...) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: And now, for another theme bastardization : : Track MOW Ship

(...) Glad to have inspired another .space MOC in whatever way I can :) This is rather a neat looking contraption. Though I question the necessity of a track cleaner/fixer in world where hover-vehicles are apparently possible. But bringing logic to (...) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Some trains

(...) Thanks for the nice comments. Yes, I like the roof of the passenger cars too. In the folder, I made a shot of how it was build. In response to the 6-wheeled trucks, yes, they were used actually in long passenger cars, both in th US and UK. I (...) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact