 Trains / 24580
Re: clip on train motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:10:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David DeNuzzo wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Mitchell Lichtenberg wrote:
   This train newbie discovered that one of the four “L” shaped clips on a train motor has broken off. (There are two forward and two aft) Is this critical? How is this clip used? (I still have the clip, and possibly could glue it back on but I am not going to bother if I don’t really need to.) Thanks.

Hello Mitchell,

The tabs can be used to add on to the length of the train motor body by placing one edge of a 4-wide plate on them. The tab clips under the side edge of the plate. LEGO used this in some of their train designs. See the following example instructions from the 4559 set.(Not a great example but the first one I found a link for.)

http://library.brickshelf.com/gallery/set/4000/4559-1/4559-1-02.jpg

and

http://library.brickshelf.com/gallery/set/4000/4559-1/4559-1-03.jpg

As for gluing the tab back on, I have never tried it so I don’t know how feasible it is. Many train designs do not use them.

Good luck in any case! Hope this information helps!

Ciao!

DD

Thats interesting, I never realised they were for that (not having ever bought a 9V set). I always thought they just got in the way!

Tim