 Trains / 23238
  Re: BBB wheels sales

(...) Mat, What you need is a blind driver - a wheel without a flange. The blind driver is one of the two new parts that will be introduced at Brickfest. Ben Fleskes Big Ben Bricks LLC (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)

(...) Thanks for letting that slip Ben. I presume the other one is still a secret though... I did just work out a way of getting a six wheel set around a corner, with connecting rods. It allows one of the middle wheels to fold in on the inside of a (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)

(...) To Jason Have you got pictures of your 6 wheeled train, wheelbase ? I would like to see your idea ! Here is what I did for my steam train (URL) wait to see what new parts Ben has made ! Ben , Will you also be doing an anouncement on (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)

(...) I'll put some up shortly. Your cylinders are a little more complex than mine - I use something similar to my Rocket. My whole train fits within 8 studs wide, apart from the odd stud on the end of some half-pins. (I might have to slice these (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)

(...) Jason, I may try something along these lines. I want the back two wheel sets of the tender to be a 9v motor. My next experiment was to connect the front truck in the tender to the rear set of drive wheels. From what you say this should work. I (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)

These pictures should give you some idea of how it works. First, here's the whole wheelbase from the side: (URL) As you can see, it's big. It takes up 90° of curve on its own. This includes the tender though. The main thing to notice in this picture (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)

In lugnet.trains, Teunis Davey wrote: <snip> (...) Yes. There will be an announcement on lugnet/trains concurrent with the Brickfest announcement. Ben (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)

(...) Hello I really like your steamtrain wheelbase design ! Do you have any more pictures ? It give me some ideas on how to build a Steam train using 8 BBB drive wheels. Using both a combination of my design and your design. A 4 8 4 steam train or (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)

(...) Teunis - I'm not sure more photographs would help, as I'm trying to convert even more of it to plain black at the moment! Tell me what parts of it you can't work out, and I'll try to do some more coloured images in MlCAD. If you did four (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)