 Trains / 22415
Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:13:15 GMT

In lugnet.announce.iltco, Mike Walsh wrote:
A new article has been contributed the ITLCO web site.

Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts
by David 'Zonker' Harris of BayLTC.
http://www.iltco.org/library/articleShow.php?articleid=28

What I did for the Train Operating Weekend last year was to make 12 gauge wire
connectors, run into screw type connectors.  These each had a 2x2 plate
connector wired to it (not the lego original ones, but ones made from plates,
with 18 ga wires linking them to the bus under the layout.  At home, I use 14 ga
house wiring as the backbone of my layout.  This is then connected to modified
track segments that have 18 ga wire running to them.  It takes a track
connection about every 4 feet to satisfy 5A DCC command control boosters (make
them trip out on a dead short).

I wish that I could get the writeup about the TOW from here- perhaps Kevin W or
Larry P could post it here?  (I have copies, but not here...I'm in Halifax
still)

James P