 Trains / 21978 (-20)
  Track Designer custom registry version 9 available

Hi folks, During the last few weeks, I worked on my custom registry and updated it to version 9. I've add many new elements since the last update. Now featuring many new sizes and color of baseplates, new roadplates such as the Creator roadplates, (...) (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

Hey Florida Train Folk (or comparable LUG), I've dropped off the lugnet scene, but i just wanted to pop back in to give you an encouraging word. I'm in florida visiting family for the holidays and went by the orlando LIC. Your display looks great (...) (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.gflug, FTX)

  Re: A TrainHead is born . . . and he has a few questions!

(...) Careful use of a razor to slice the numbers up will give you lots more as well, join the front part of one number to the tail part of another. In general the FAQ for trains is quite helpful for beginner questions, see the header of this (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A TrainHead is born . . . and he has a few questions!

(...) Actually there are 8 numbers! You can turn numbers 66 and 606 up side down, to have 99 and 909 as well... Kecia (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A TrainHead is born . . . and he has a few questions!

(...) Lego Stores are good for track, also. And yes buy curved track on Bricklink, its WAY cheeper that way! Josh (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A TrainHead is born . . . and he has a few questions!

(...) It hasn't been a problem for me- I do have some stickers that don't stick very well, and I think the question has been asked elsewhere on LUGNET- perhaps do a search for it. (...) Sort of. Santa Fe used numbers & letters at the start to ID F (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Another nascent trainhead

(...) Well, I acquired my first actual train this Christmas, the Cargo Railway (mmm, sliding doors). So I'm with you in stepping into the dangerous, dangerous world of trains. Hey, can I start building 80-wide? ;) best LFB (21 years ago, 27-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  A TrainHead is born . . . and he has a few questions!

Toot, TOOT!! Greetings, Ladies & Gentlemen, my name is David Simmons and I suspect I will now become a frequent visitor of this ng. This holiday season was a major event for me Lego-wise and Train-wise. At first I thought my father had just bought (...) (21 years ago, 27-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  the Rest of the Geeps & a few SD's

Well I've finaly finished the Geeps & a few SD's: GP7U: (URL) High Nose: (URL) must remind you that these ARE pelimary designs, most are in the chassis building stage. Comments? Josh (21 years ago, 26-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: New uses for steering wheels

(...) I agree. But I haven't seen anything else even close. I think it represents the grab holds well enough that there is no doubt as to what they are even if they are not 100% accurate. Thanks for the feedback. Merry Xmas Mike (21 years ago, 25-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: A couple of pictures of my 'Challenger' using Ben's wheels

Looking Good John! I'm hoping to get buy to see another one of GMLTC's Layouts some time soon... Josh (21 years ago, 24-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A couple of pictures of my 'Challenger' using Ben's wheels

(...) Spiffy! Very nice work indeed and it certainly shows off the drivers. I wish one of your closeups had been on a regular curve so the blind offset would be more obvious (either that or they WERE on curves meaning that the offset is miniscule!) (...) (21 years ago, 24-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  A couple of pictures of my 'Challenger' using Ben's wheels

I knew I had taken a few pictures, just needed to get them uploaded! (URL) The overal locomotive shot> (URL) of the front set of drivers> (URL) of the rear set of drivers> And just for fun, a picture of one of the (URL) Pacific passenger cars> I (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Where are the instructions for the 4534's engine?

I have an extra engine and motor from the 4534 LEGO Express. These are still in their white boxes, and I plan to give them to a family for Christmas. Are the instructions for the engine contained in the small box containing the engine, or were they (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Would you mind awfully if I threw it down old-school?

(...) Not entirely accurate - it was the 'Rainhill' trials, and the prize was the contract to build and run that first commercial railway. There was a documentary on British TV recently where they re-ran the trials using working replicas of the (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Would you mind awfully if I threw it down old-school?

(...) The Rocket wasn't the first steam locomotive, but its famous for winning the Railhill trials and being selected as the production loco for the Liverpool and Manchester Railway (rumour has it that George Stephenson, the Rocket's designer (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Would you mind awfully if I threw it down old-school?

(...) THE ROCKET !! Great train model ! It's the First steam train ? If only we could get yellow 9 & 12V train wheels ! How did you get the 2*2 dome brick built onto the boiler ? Thanks, Teunis. (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Would you mind awfully if I threw it down old-school?

(...) I saw this on Bricklink earlier today, AWSOME, great job man! I think I'll order a FEW of those wheels, I wish there were a little more filled out version, compairison wise to the US "Super Heated Boiler" locomotives, but it may work fine... (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New uses for steering wheels

(...) It looks like a big pipe valve, perfect for the "industrial look". Cool! I'm not convinced about your other one as a train thing. Real grab irons tend to be a bit flatter to the body. Maybe the spacers will like it though, Another use for (...) (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: BBB wheels + pushrods

(...) My 'Challenger' model is a 4-6-6-4, using Ben's wheels in two sets of "6". You have to de-flange the middle wheels in each set in order to allow them to slide inside and outside the rails around the corners. If you try to keep the flanges on (...) (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact