 Trains / 21967
Re: A couple of pictures of my 'Challenger' using Ben's wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 00:22:29 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:
   I knew I had taken a few pictures, just needed to get them uploaded!

The overal locomotive shot

Closeup of the front set of drivers

Closeup of the rear set of drivers

And just for fun, a picture of one of the Union Pacific passenger cars I built for the Challenger to pull. I built five of them, but I still need to add some ‘do-dads’ below the car...

You can see that I’m running a very simplified pushrod system. The Technic liftarm slides behind a 1x2x2 thin-wall panel. So it doesn’t move straight forward and back, but I wasn’t looking for accuracy. I was just looking for movement, because it’s all about making kids happy. ;-)

And yes, it can handle the tight LEGO corners. I’ve spent many many hours getting the articulation to work!

Spiffy! Very nice work indeed and it certainly shows off the drivers. I wish one of your closeups had been on a regular curve so the blind offset would be more obvious (either that or they WERE on curves meaning that the offset is miniscule!)

Spotlighted. Thanks for sharing