 Trains / 21971
21970  |  21972
Subject:
A TrainHead is born . . . and he has a few questions!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:48:17 GMT

Toot, TOOT!!

Greetings, Ladies & Gentlemen, my name is David Simmons and I suspect I will
now become a frequent visitor of this ng.  This holiday season was a major
event for me Lego-wise and Train-wise.  At first I thought my father had
just bought me the #10020 Santa Fe Super Chief, but then came box after box
of the same size with the same glee-inspiring telltale rattle that ensures
the double exposure response on my part (both rows of teeth showing when I
smile from ear to ear!).  Turns I had not only two Super Chiefs, but also
two copies of #10025 and three copies of #10022 so I can build all five
cars!!

WHEEEHAAAWW!

*ahem*

I have a couple questions/problems:

1.  The stickers that go on the modules on the underside of the cars between
the wheels have a nasty habit of peeling back where the piece curves.  I
didn't wash these pieces, only using a dry towel to remove any finger oil or
other residue.  Was this a problem for others?  What's the best solution?

2.  I noticed that the sticker sheet for the Super Chief comes with two sets
of numbers.  I'm assuming these are provided if you have more than one
engine, so I have one that's #301 and the other is #27.  Is that correct?

3.  The sticker sheets for the cars come with six sets of numbers, yet if
you build all the different versions from each Set that's only five cars, so
the leftover number set is for your own MOC car?

4.  I noticed that the 1x2x2 thin-wall window panes on the backs of the
Super Chiefs are trans-clear, while the ones on all the passenger cars are
trans-light blue.  Is this an error or is there meaning to it?

5.  I love having two engines and five passenger cars.  Are there any other
types of cars that Lego currently produces that would be a part of this
train, or should I buy another one of the Sets and make my own?

6.  I'd like to put motors in both the engines but I recall hearing that
this can be a problem because the engines may not run at exactly the same
pace?  My layout will have no inclines.  I just want both headlights to be
lit.  I just LOVE little lights!

Whew!  Sorry if any of these questions is old or obvious, but I'm a Train
virgin.  Please, be gentle with me.  :-D

David Simmons
(who's now out shopping for track!)