 Trains / 21193 (-20)
  Re: Moving without context

Why did this thread get cross posted to .space? The original post was in Trains and CAD. -Grand Admiral (URL) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Moving without context

(...) Yeah, I agree. People are a little too quick to move things over into off-topic without really having a reason for doing so. Anyway, I apologize for thinking it was you, Lar. I didn't follow the thread closely enough to see that it was (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Moving without context

(...) So why move it? I did not realise it had been moved till after I responded to the post, had I seen that Tony was trying to move it I would have set it back. I think it was totally inappropriate to move it, actually, and especially in what is a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

I wouldn't worry about it that much. You might have ruffled some feathers, but I doubt if anyone is getting an ulcer over it. Feathers smooth quickly around here. BTW, just be lucky I didn't C&P my LAST reply to a post about wanting feedback - THAT (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Work in progress - station scene

(...) As someone else said, too clean. It reminds me of some of the LT stations, ones where there was Southern goods traffic as well as LT trains (out towards Hammersmith?)(my memories of '96 are starting to fade- I was only there for 4 days). (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

I deserved that and agree entirely. At this point I regret not only posting my rant but posting at all. If I could delete this -blank- topic I would. But I hope that everyone else will just let it die already before more people get pissed off. (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(...) Well, I guess you were right on the last point. Look, here's how it goes - if your pictures don't move anyone to comment then that's not anyone's problem but your own. And if you need back-slapping congratulations to go on building, then (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Work in progress - station scene

That is fantastic. I love the details of the cables along the rear wall, and the way the seats are constructed. It looks great. I'd suggest though, instead of greenery, you add some muck and grime for a more realistic look. Jason Railton (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Flaming Smokestacks, Batman! (was Re: Introducing JetRed)

(...) Hop-Frog, I moved it, because I didn't think of that, and because it wasn't really about trains. But you're right about appropriate behavior being discussed in the given newsgroup - the reason for my original reply. Thank you for your (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Flaming Smokestacks, Batman! (was Re: Introducing JetRed)

(...) Of course they do. People can do and feel anything they want. Is that what you tell your wife when she is annoyed with you -- that she doesn't have the right to feel as she does? I understand that your claim is that insult was not intended, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Flaming Smokestacks, Batman! (was Re: Introducing JetRed)

(...) Nope. I'm not bothered by negative commentary. I'm bothered by the tone of that commentary...it's pretty smart-alecky. There's no need. It's like you were a little schoolkid bullying a younger schoolkid because he didn't know the unwritten (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Flaming Smokestacks, Batman! (was Re: Introducing JetRed)

(...) OK, next time someone asks why no one comments, I'll just not bother commenting at all if I can't be 100% positive. Is that what's wanted? The poster was, after all, complaining that no one commented on his models. I highlighted a number of (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Flaming Smokestacks, Batman! (was Re: Introducing JetRed)

(...) lugnet.announce.moc (...) lugnet.trains– Train mania: products (information, opinions, reviews, etc.); building (settings, contexts, characters, projects, models and modeling, layouts, plans, tools, tips, etc.); inspiration (ideas, movies, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: New: TEE Observation Car for 7740/DB103 Passenger Train

(...) Teunis, Thanks for your interest in building a TEE dome car. I hope you have a good build. I've just uploaded old pics and an MLCad file for (URL) my old version TEE dome car>. Perhaps you can improve upon this old design? I'm not exactly (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New: TEE Observation Car for 7740/DB103 Passenger Train

(...) To James Mathis, After buying some train stickers on Ebay, with Panoramawagen included . I have wanted to build a 7740 Dome car of my own . So I went to have a look at your 7740 Dome car on Brickshelf, for inspiration. But I can't view the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

snip (...) Ok, I had to think about how to respond to this, but a response was defintely neccesary. I am not going to respond to the comments about my models, but the last statement you made. If you want realism go look at model team sets. Yes, (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Log Cabin on the water front

Great Job Mike! I really like building with log bricks. Your log cabin is great and very creative. It is a bit close to the water though ;) Ben (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed train on MOC pages

(...) Thanks. (...) True, although not modeled after a shinkansesn, having lived in Japan and having seen them alot, something must have stuck. Next one I'm going to try will probably be modeled after the one-but-last- series. The one with the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress - station scene

(...) The model is made up of sections, the platform and retaining wall are made up of sixteen stud long sections repeated and the bridge girders are half the width so there are four of the same model (you can only see two in the render) Each (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Work in progress - station scene

(...) I found this to be a neat render and it definitely invoked the UK to this visitor... I'd be interested in hearing about how you assembled the bits. I assemble everything in MLCad and it runs out of gas as the element count advances. Is this (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact