 Trains / 20462
Re: LDCC Resources?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:05:30 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Peter Young wrote:
Also, has anyone had any luck with setting up caridge bogies with a DCC
decoder for caridge lighting etc?

I have tried hard to make a bogie pickup with out success, mainly due to the
difficulty fashioning a metalic pickup that is reliable.  There is a
disadvantage in powering the lights direct from the track (which of course is
possible) and that is that the lights cannot be turned off or on by DCC control.

Someone mentioned buying a 9v motor unit and pulling out the electric motor,  I
think they did it to get a good pick up for powering 12v trains on 9v track but
you could do the same sort of thing.  Gut a 9v motor and install an 'accessory
decoder' in it. This would be a really neat way of getting control of a mobile
crane.

I power the lights in my carriages with a connection brought through from the
locomotive,  sort of a hassle to set up and a real mess if you have a major
prang.