 Trains / 20454
Re: LDCC Resources?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:59:06 GMT

This is the bit I'm wondering about.  What decoders and controllers are
used?  What  work has been done on mounting them in a Lego motor with
additional outputs being avaliable to train lights etc.

for decoders, most of us are using digitrax decoders of various types.  But, any
DCC compatable decoder will work.  The LDCC setup uses the mindstorms remote
control to operate.  For more info on DCC search lugnet.trains, and look at
Tom's site (L Gauge), which is linked to on the left hand side of the screen.

Also, has anyone had any luck with setting up caridge bogies with a DCC
decoder for caridge lighting etc?

I have some lighted engines, but no lighted coaches.  Problem is picking up
power from track- decoder, rather than anything further on.

James P