 Trains / 20452
Re: LDCC Resources?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:27:21 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Peter Young wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if there were any website that may contain details on the
setup and control of LDCC.  Are the RCX units required to control the trains
or can this be done by a computer?

Thanks,
Peter Young.

There is nothing especially 'Lego' about the controller.

Once you have installed the decoders in the train motor you can use any DCC
train controller, there are a number of these and also some computer programs.

When you look into this further you will find that most controllers put about
12volts onto the tracks while the Lego trains expects only 9volts or so.  I have
found that my MRC controller is perfectly happy putting out about 10volts (which
is close enough) and I do this by selecting a lower voltage transformer to feed
the MRC controller.