 Trains / 20453
Re: LDCC Resources?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:30:08 GMT

"John Hill" <johnhill@cnd.co.nz> wrote in message
news:HGyE9L.3DI@lugnet.com...
Once you have installed the decoders in the train motor you can use any • DCC
train controller, there are a number of these and also some computer • programs.

When you look into this further you will find that most controllers put • about
12volts onto the tracks while the Lego trains expects only 9volts or so. • I have
found that my MRC controller is perfectly happy putting out about 10volts • (which
is close enough) and I do this by selecting a lower voltage transformer to • feed
the MRC controller.

This is the bit I'm wondering about.  What decoders and controllers are
used?  What  work has been done on mounting them in a Lego motor with
additional outputs being avaliable to train lights etc.

Also, has anyone had any luck with setting up caridge bogies with a DCC
decoder for caridge lighting etc?

Thanks,
Peter . . . .