 Trains / 20398 (-20)
  Re: Redesigned Intermodal Car

John, these are absoulutely awesome. But FOUR Maersk conatainers?!?! :^p I like especially the use of the technic bars for the bracing, it nails the effect. And the bettendorf trucks look nice. -Stefan- (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Orientation of single train buffers

(...) Hello Niels, The buffer plate (the part that comes in contact with the buffer of another wagon) should pont towards the -Z direction, because this is consistent with existing official part #4022 Train Buffer Beam (see picture): [LDrawPart (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Orientation of single train buffers

(...) That's what I'm just asking the community. Where should I put the buffer or bumper (or how it should be called in English ;-P ) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Orientation of single train buffers

Hej Niels, I only just began creating parts myself, but here's my thoughts. The origin between the studs sounds oki, that'd make snapping it to the grid much easier. On what side the buffer is, is not that important I think. Perhaps there is some (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Orientation of single train buffers

(...) Just to avoid any misunderstandings: Is the bumper at the front? /Tore (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Orientation of single train buffers

I am about to create the single train buffers into LDraw. What orientation shall I use, e.g. where to put the buffer: * -X (left) * +X (right) * -Z (front) * +Z (rear) I thought about putting the origin between the two studs. Niels (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Redesigned Intermodal Car

(...) No, you are absolutely correct-- I forgot to put them on! I had taken pictures of the car and after posting them on Brickshelf, I noticed that 1 ladder was missing-- so I reshot them. Then I noticed the handbrakes... I didn't have the heart to (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Redesigned Intermodal Car

Rarely do I post comments, good or bad, about people's MOCs, but this is a really great design. However, after working for the RR and climbing up and down on this type of car for years I have to notice that I didn't see any handbrake wheels on it. (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Redesigned Intermodal Car

(...) Thanks, Bill! Ahh. I forgot to list the lowlites;-) Due to the nice, low profile, the sides scrape the power leads. I need to shave them (the leads, that is) down in order for it to clear. Due to the semi-shrouded truck design (which is (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Redesigned Intermodal Car

(...) J-2, Really nice! Questions: How does it make handle around curves and through switches? How tall is it with 2 containers stacked (is it less than 16 studs high?) Hope to see it irl when my work schedule allows me to make it to club :) -- Bill (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Redesigned Intermodal Car

(...) Whoops! Try (URL) HERE> instead! JOHN (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Redesigned Intermodal Car

Hello train enthusiasts- I have posted some new pics of my redesigned Gunderson Maxi-Stack III intermodal container car (URL) HERE> (URL) Highlights include: low design bracing (don't ask about the geometry; it was all trial and error) containers (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  link labels

(...) Nope, you didn't do anything bad -- your links were beautiful. :-) (...) It's conceivable that there might be a really poorly written miscreant newsreader/e-mail client in existence out there somewhere that get confused and think that the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.admin.general)

  link labels

(...) Chris, :) Not to be picky, but actually, all of the URLs that Steve gave are perfectly valid and legal URLs. (...) His URLs don't contain spaces. The spaces you see are legal terminators of the URL, and the stuff after the space could be (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Individual Membership enrollment now open

(...) That would be going to the wide-side then!!! SteveH (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Individual Membership enrollment now open

(...) lol His malapropism was probably some subconscious 8wide slur:-) JOHN (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Individual Membership enrollment now open

(...) Good Laud! That's raily funny. JOHN (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Individual Membership enrollment now open

(...) Cool! It's a lot better than a censor! (...) Couldn't agree more. SteveH (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Individual Membership enrollment now open

(...) We all know I need an editor! These discussions are what we hoped for. The worst casse would have been deaf ears! It helps us better communicate the goals and intensions for ILTCO. If ILTCO does not stand for, support, and properly represent (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Individual Membership enrollment now open

(...) Man, I need more caffeine. I thought that first sentence was "Your aims as stated are very laughable"... Don't go there! *grin* JohnG, GMLTC fut john.is.a.geek... ;-) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact