 Trains / 20308 (-20)
  Train buffers

Does anyone have both the single train buffer from the seventies and the double train buffers (4022) ? Are the shapes of the round buffer identical ? Why am I asking this? I have just received a couple of single train buffers and I want to create (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  DCC reversing loops

I am sure I saw someone writing about reversing loops but now I can't find it! Anyway, this is what I did this evening in about 10 minutes. I cut both rails of a straight track section being careful to get the cuts aligned then did another cut (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from VLC Surrey Museum Show

(...) Now that is really impressive. The pictures look great, but I would love to be able to set up an RCX controlled layout with reversing loops, etc. Now, if I could just afford those RCX's... :-( BTW, my compliments on the layout. Wonderful job. (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  MOC: European old timer trucks from the fifties

Hi all, after a visit (URL) of this cool site with hundreds of European oldtimer trucks> and building machinery, I got inspired to do my own Lego® truck in a similar style. (URL) Such kind of trucks have been used for any transport purposes over (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  a few more 'Challenger' pictures

I uploaded four more pictures to my Challenger folder, but these are pictures of the real thing. The Challenger visited the Twin Cities last Summer, and I had to see it in person. As you can tell in the pictures, it was *pouring* rain that day, but (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Lime/Green railcar set

(...) Bad form I kow replying to my own message, and an old one at that but I thought I better correct myself if anyone was searching the archives Its actually a Graham Farish (now owned by Bachmann) N scale model, the coupling were the give-away (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

(...) All that stainless steel (trains) aluminium (houses) and chrome (automobiles) must have made the the US citizens of the 50's "shiny happy people"!!! ... and these chrome bricks do it for me now! Lets have some more ..... (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

(...) I heard it was due to cheap electricity in the NW part of the US. Bauxite smelting can make good use of cheap electricity. (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Even more Wow!! for your buck!!! was Re: Woo Hoo!!!!! (part deux...)

(...) Brilliant! (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

Thanks for the link. As for why aluminum became so cheap, not sure. Maybe there was a lot of scrap metal from WWII being recycled? -Stefan- (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Even more Wow!! for your buck!!! was Re: Woo Hoo!!!!! (part deux...)

All these polarity-switching solutions presume only 1 train. If you've got 3 trains, and each of them is hitting a block boundary at the same time, you're going to have a short no matter what you do. Best solution for DCC is to get your insulated (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Even more Wow!! for your buck!!! was Re: Woo Hoo!!!!! (part deux...)

(...) Just so you know, if you want to accomplish the same thing without sawing on your track, get some clear 3M tape and stick it on the inside face of each rail. You have to put some between the tabs connecting to the next piece of rail, too. You (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Even more Wow!! for your buck!!! was Re: Woo Hoo!!!!! (part deux...)

(...) Going to try that tonite--I own only 4 loco motors, and 3 are now converted to DCC. Hopefully I'll get my hands on about 3-4 more motors and convert 'em. But tonight I'll run 2 motors on one engine on one DCC channel and test that. I think it (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Even more Wow!! for your buck!!! was Re: Woo Hoo!!!!! (part deux...)

(...) An easy solution to this is to have two locomotives in the train, each tuned to the same DCC channel. If one loco loses communication, the other will push it through the bad spots... That probably why real trains have two locos, right? :) (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Even more Wow!! for your buck!!! was Re: Woo Hoo!!!!! (part deux...)

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys wrote: <snip> (...) And here's 'more playing...' (URL) two pics, but fun ones... One of these pics shows how old my ccd in my digital camera is--all the 'blank' pixels. Eh, it still works and is now on (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10028 Level Crossing Sneak Peek!

(...) Actually LEGO has offered at least one 4-wide train and that was in 1965, prior to the introduction of the track: set 323. The 1966 trainset 111 (with track) has already 6-wide plates, but the engine is 2-wide with a 4-wide cab ;-) Niels (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vose Inspection Car MOC

(...) front (...) the (...) well, you can only sit on that kind of inspiration for long. Here it is... the motorized version (beta .01a) Vose Inspection Car. (URL) Vose is powered by a custom fitted drag wire connected micro motor housed in the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

What's "The Tin Men" about? Never heard of it. Tin Men (URL) a train movie but very funny all the same ... why did aluminium become cheap in the US at that time? In the 1950s. Steve (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10028 Level Crossing Sneak Peek!

(...) <grin> (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vose Inspection Car MOC

hey thanks... i didn't want to use the snot on top, but without the top of those long wedge slopes, there was the option of making it work, or buying the parts off bricklink. In the end i'm not sure but I think that the studs only in the middle is a (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact