 Trains / 20289
Re: Vose Inspection Car MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 03:06:16 GMT

hey thanks... i didn't want to use the  snot on top, but without the top of
those long wedge slopes, there was the option of making it work, or buying
the parts off bricklink.  In the end i'm not sure but I think that the studs
only in the middle is a kind of pleasent compromise.

I had been thinking about rubber bands, but i think you hit on it... just
use a few of the black ones... thanks tons... read the response to shauns
post for info about power.

thanks

-tk

"Stefan Garcia" <sastrei@netscape.net> wrote in message
Cool inspection car!  Definitely captures the look of the original, • especially
with the use of the curved wedges.  It's hard to use those in a • prototypical
model, but you definitely got it.  As for powering it, I don't know where • you
could stuff the battery box, but for traction try fitting some of those
ubiquitous black rubber bands around the tire cores.  Otherwise it'll just • kinda
spin in place, methinks.

Awesome model.

-Stefan-