 Trains / 20322
Re: Vose Inspection Car MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 20:43:12 GMT

Thats a terrific point.  Too bad watching this snail at full throttle is is
like something like watching grass grow.  I actually was going to pull the
motor out and give up, but nice people at Lego are sending me a replacement
engine.  So for now the motorization gets a stay of exectution which could
mean the I'll have a chance to revisit the idea here in the near future.

I was actually thinking about making some decals for my next .train
creation, guess that it would be fairly easy to make a little track
inspector decal or something

thanks for the good suggestions.

-tk

"It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

Hey, before you go souping this baby up, remember that for a model of an
inspection car, slow is particularly appropriate. In my opinion, most LEGO
trains spend way too much of the time going way too fast, so to see a loco
crawling along at a snail's pace would be a welcome addition to most • layouts.

(Although if you plan to display and run this at shows, you might put a • decal on
the side that describes the engine as an "Inspection Car," so you don't • get a
hundred people asking why it is not zipping along. ;-)

Nice design, btw, and welcome to .trains!

Rick Clark