 Trains / 20202
  MOC Streamliner Observation Car

Perhaps you'd like to check out the following ... a Santa Fe FA and FB (with working fans (from track power) and lights(from battery box)) with a consist of 3 streamliner coaches. The tail car is an observation coach with an exterior viewing (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

(...) Wow, that does look very expensive. That is a quite huge amount of chrome parts you used.... Very clever use of the 4wide chrome parts from Star Wars and these enlarged by the tubes to 6 wide (at the end of the observation car). Your pictures (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

(...) That observation car is absoulutely amazing. Lionel a Lego, eh? Also, the setting is quite stunning. Do you have an entire layout like that for Lego, or did you put Lego track where you had O-gauge track? As for critiques though, I'd have to (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

(...) Those chrome parts are all Lego .. Also, the (...) some part of my layout goes thru mountains made like this .. not the lowland stuff (yet!) (...) Oops EMFs then? But the coaches are defo Budd Heavyweights ... correct? (...) Thanks a lot ... (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

(...) Not all (yet) just the mountain area and coastal cliffs. (...) I confess the doors are sprayed in chrome paint (forgive me!)... though the observation car doesn't have side doors itself which is handy! I've considered applying modelling chrome (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

(...) I know that, I was referring to the look of the models. Lionel Trains once made streamliners where the end cap which was a seperate component was chromed, while the body was duller flat silver-ish chrome-y color. (...) EMDs. Electro-Motive (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

(...) Hi Steve, yes I actually do like it and in comparison to the time maybe 4...5 year ago I do not care about spraying sawing or modifying parts in any other way. I am really relaxed about what people do with their stuff as long as they like it. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

(...) ... oh OK, don't get much chance to see Lionel stuff overe here!!! (...) Thanks for the prototype info ... Its cool to learn stuff like this ...I always thought it was aluminium ... but I guess the fad for all thing aluminium came later in the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

(...) Yeah, I hadn't thought about that. And I made a slight error in my observation; I kept thinking your observation was closed-end, not open end. In which case the manufacturer would be K-Line for O gauge. They have the same effect though. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

What's "The Tin Men" about? Never heard of it. Tin Men (URL) a train movie but very funny all the same ... why did aluminium become cheap in the US at that time? In the 1950s. Steve (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

Thanks for the link. As for why aluminum became so cheap, not sure. Maybe there was a lot of scrap metal from WWII being recycled? -Stefan- (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

(...) I heard it was due to cheap electricity in the NW part of the US. Bauxite smelting can make good use of cheap electricity. (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

(...) All that stainless steel (trains) aluminium (houses) and chrome (automobiles) must have made the the US citizens of the 50's "shiny happy people"!!! ... and these chrome bricks do it for me now! Lets have some more ..... (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)