 Trains / 20088 (-20)
  Re: Some new rolling stock in 7-wide.....

Ben, Once again you've excelled yourself! I particularly like the hopper wagons, they really do capture the look of the German prototype - its amazing how much difference a few details can make, a real improvement on the standard blue hopper. Is the (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: two MOC trains

(...) Thanks! It took me a while to figure this walkway out, the first versions got stuck sometimes in the curves, crashing it, but I've ran it for over 100 laps (with curves and switches) without problems after the last revision. You'll see it soon (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: flextube catenary

(...) Wow, that really does look nice. Hey LEGO, can we buy flex tubing in bulk? <grin> Very clever use of the 'control stick' element to hold the tubing in place, too... JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  flextube catenary

Mentioned elsewhere: (URL) is pretty nifty in appearance. I especially liked the terminators/weights. Not sure how practical it would be for a large layout but man does it look cool. (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some new rolling stock in 7-wide.....

(...) Awesome work! I love the "Steppenpferd" (hope I spelled that correct, my Fleischmann catalog's translation was pretty bad ;) ) ! Any chance you'll build a second as a BR64? (...) Great camera! But from my limited experience with an IXUS v2 I (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Box Art for 2003 LEGO World City Products!

(...) Not bad, but I'm not a fan of the newer curved pieces. They just don't seem as versatile as regular slopes. Things seem to be inching towards a 'Play-mobile' look. Later, Gary (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New Pics: Buildings!Buildings!Buildings! Exotic Colors:-)

(...) with dark red paint? ;-) Check out these two pics: (URL) that it is dark red I *really* like it:-) JOHN (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Pics: Buildings!Buildings!Buildings! Exotic Colors:-)

(...) for your announcement! That brickshelf gallery is not by chance among the most visited at brickshelf. I always like to come along now and then and check if there are any ideas to 'borrow'... My favorite among all the pictures is still this (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Some new rolling stock in 7-wide.....

Hi Folks, after a longer creative break I have heaviely come back into the middle of the train theme now. Some new models - all of them are not too huge, but nevertheless they are quite detailed - have now been uploaded at brickshelf and will be (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: Box Art for 2003 LEGO World City Products!

Well done LEGO, with both World City trains and police! With on exception, and that is buildings. The train station and police station are still a far cry from the golden age, though a huge jump from Town Jr. I am very impressed with the vehicles, (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: two MOC trains

(...) I especially like the white with red windows! ...and the low profile belly on the cars ...and of course the innovative walk-way between the cars. I can't wait to see it in action! (...) I like this picture for the comparison between the high (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Engine shed has been delivered!!!

oh man, it's so cool... sorry can't talk now, have to build... Jeroen (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Box Art for 2003 LEGO World City Products!

(...) Well, in the past it usually was: one year the police get new equipment, the other year it's the fire dept. that gets "it". So anybody seen the 2004 sets yet? :-) /\/\ark "gonna spend lots o' money on these" de Kock (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Monorail motor clip difference?

I tried to find i nfo on the clips that are attached to the monorial motor (that hold the bases), but could locate an answer. I have alot of these motors, and just noticed 3 of 20 had "short" clips, and the rest have "long" clips. Could the shorter (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Box Art for 2003 LEGO World City Products!

Yes! The man back to bring you down! Lego has returned to its classic theme of police opression and incarceration of nonconformists, hippies, people with stubble, and criminals. The return of the police state is key. I won't be able to collect (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Box Art for 2003 LEGO World City Products!

In the words of Big Kev - I'M EXCITED! I see lots of trans-black - are those quater cyclinder panels in trans black on the police station? - lots of wheels in grey, 6 wide trucks and some interesting new slopes. Looks like some nice sets coming up. (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Black train wheels, red axles

(...) Hi Peter, that topic has been discussed several times before in 1000steine.de and lugnet.train, so check out for e.g. this old posting: (URL) seems that TLC has been short with black pins in middle of the 90ies. In those days they brought out (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Engine shed is being shipped!

me three, G'day Aaron from Australia. "Alfio Scaletta" <alfiosca@fastwebnet.it> wrote in message news:HEpF9n.10qD@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  That's not a tree, this is a tree...

I have finally posted my first moc (real moc not LDraw) and am using my Brickshelf file for what is was intended, displaying the brick. For those who know me my first moc post being a collection of trees will really not surprise you, but Lego (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !!

  two MOC trains

I've almost finished two trains I've been working on. Some tinkering and tweeking will be done soon (and some intertior work) A 6 wide high speed train (fantasy), some deep links: (URL) moderation: (URL) 5 cars for my 8-wide 4-6-4 yellowbelly (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact