 Trains / 18753 (-20)
  Re: Rheingold Express in 8-wide

(...) Wow, amazing stuff! (...) I considered going, but the (ICE) traintrip would take 4 hours from Amsterdam and the Dutch Railways wouldn't give a quote on the price for a ticket on the website :-( Maybe next year I'll come for a whole weekend and (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Rheingold Express in 8-wide

(...) <snip> (...) Only one comment: Ghaaaa... :-O *drool* Amazing creations, Ben. Congrats for the success of this meeting!! :-) Pedro (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de)

  Rheingold Express in 8-wide

Hi all, Frank 'Pudie' Abel, a co-Afol of the FGLTC has built a really beautiful Rheingold-Express train. That was shown yesterday at the FGLTC end-of-year-show in Hattersheim. It might appear as an ISCC II gallery as well ( (URL) ), but I think it (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Monorail Freight Destinations

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail Freight Destinations

(...) construction of the awnings. This link comes up blank for me though: (URL) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4-6-4 Hudson Yellowbelly

Nice looking engine. I am interested about your drive wheels. How good do they run. I always had problems going over switches, and and with three drive wheels how will does it fit over curves. How are you connecting your drive wheel to your rods? I (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the perfect way to sell lego trains

It is my belief that as long as LEGO® markets trains toward children, we won't see much progress being made. I too, would like the company to aim it's train line at fine hobby shops worldwide...then we should see a sharp rise in interest when the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: the perfect way to sell lego trains

snip (...) snip I disagree, as a child the only lego train set (as opposed to a single vehicle) I could ever afford was the unmotorised 7715 (URL) had a battery motor from when i was younger so used that, doesn't give you the remote control I am (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Monorail Freight Destinations

Hello again, Having de-lurked to post the pictures of my monorail freight train some months back ((URL) its time to de-lurk again to post the "raison d'etre" for the train. At one end is the port - (URL) - where the Costal Freighter brings the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Rock (for my large church)

"BrickBuy" <pjanssen@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:H7sBJ9.IJ6@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) pieces (...) transportation. (...) more. (...) Great MOC. Two things that really jumped out at me: (1) the different strata of rock; and (2) the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) Only heard about a few Germans who did it in October, when this thread popped up. They all got wheels with at least 75% bad ones among them. As long as TLC (or the involved third party producer) has not done a design change back to the old (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 4-6-4 Hudson Yellowbelly

Are the drive wheels painted!? I thinks I may have to paint the Drive wheels for me 2-10-0 Decapod I'm starting... Looks awsome! I never thought of building a shrouded locomotive. Josh (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  LTrax v0.01, an LDraw-Compatible "Track Designer"

I'm proud to present a working (well, sort of) sketchy version of my latest creation, LTrax. In (URL) , you'll find the 108 kb zip file. It's a program inspired by Matthew Bates' Track Designer, but *much* less advanced. (I spent a couple of days (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) But what to do if you don't have a dremel or file? Anyone experience with sending the wheels back to LEGO Consumer Service for replacement? Don't forget that there are a lot of kids having train sets (especially with the Sinterklaas [December (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The Rock (for my large church)

(...) I don't expect any derailments, since the only track that is going through is straight (2 tracks, each 12 sections long). The tunnel on the "waterfall" side is a "dummy" for now. Anyway, the large black wall contains a section that can be (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR144 model , input wanted

(...) I know... the model isn't nearly finished. The roofline looks too coarse, the flat spaces are too large, the front is too angular and the center part is raised too much. I still need to get more feel for some of the advanced techniques, such (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Rock (for my large church)

Very, VERY nice! It rocks! (...) Your waterfall: these things tend to flow between rocks, not on top of them. And you could add sparkling water at the bottom and at the point the left flow bends to the right one. Some clear and trans-blue 1x1 plates (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Rock (for my large church)

(...) ... Paul, nice work. I'm working on the first module for the NCLTC layout, and I'd love to know more about how you plan to move it, assemble it, and handle any on-site disasters like derailments inside the tunnels. First, is it two huge pieces (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Coming soon: LTrax, an LDraw-Compatible "Track Designer"

Hi! I'm almost done with a working beta of my latest program: LTrax. It's a program inspired by Track Designer by Matthew Bates, but *much* less advanced. The data files in LTrax are totally text based, and I have tried to make it modular. The (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  The Rock (for my large church)

I've almost finished the rock to put my church on. It has 2 train tunnels, and a monorail tunnel. "the Rock" features a viewing platform, a monorail loop and station, a waterfall and small lake, a power station, and losts of bare rock. Plants have (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact