 Trains / 18318 (-20)
  Re: Shay #5

(...) while we're nitpicking, c /pouring/poring/ (1) (...) You need to read what you cite more carefully before you decide you should cite from it, because it pretty clearly says that what was once known as On2-1/2, and is NOW On30 is 30". Hence (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shay #5

(...) hehe scale is a fun thing:-) (...) Now technically speaking (no pun intended), to use regular LEGO track gauge as narrow gauge (say 30"), you'd have to assume a technic fig to be 5 feet high and you'd actually have to build 18 wide to achieve (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shay #5

(...) Nope. See: (URL) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail MOC's - An Update

Thanks to various BrickLink suppliers, these are now "rendered in ABS" (...) (URL)and to make a single chassis Airport Shuttle (URL) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shay #5

(...) I think you meant 36", as 30" would be On2-1/2... (and is, I believe, what use of N gauge track in HO scale is called, HOn2-1/2) see: (URL) for more info on HOn2 1/2 or HOn30 as it it sometimes called) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shay #5

(...) You are correct, i really don't try to achieve "minfig scale" with just about any trains i build. I try to keep the train in scale with itself. This usually means using the wheels as my constant and working from there. (i am sure many of you (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  SCLTC at Cal Stewart Show in Pasadena, California!

We've done another show! (And it's still happening!) On November 9-10, 2002, the Southern California LEGO Train Club displayed their mountain layout at the Cal Stewart show in Pasadena, California. (Wait a second... today's the 9th, so why am I (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la) !

  Metroliner stickers

I have just obtained the new Metroliner stickers and they are different from the original Metroliner stickers. They come with 4 stickers of red/white/blue bands - maybe to stick on the grey doors. Has the new Metroliner just got grey doors with no (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dream rails

gianluca morelli <moebiusring@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:20021107225839....hoo.com... (...) [snip] (...) European cars are shorter than 26 meters, they go by the UIC-505 standard, which sets a maximum lenght of 24 meters (and standard height (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shay #5

(...) Wonderful MOC, Lewis-- great attention to details! As I was pouring over your pics, it struck me that you have cleverly built past minifig scale to around 1:29. Though you are 8 wide, Shays were a little over 9 feet wide. Also, Shays ran on (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shay #5

(...) Very cool to have ridden the real thing. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Shay #5

Here are some pictures to my new Shay #5 Shay #5 is modeled after Shay #5 at Cass Scenic Railroad, Cass West Virginia She is one of the oldest running shay engines, and still carries tourist half way up a mountain. I got to see her in person, did (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: Dream rails

(...) Jewler's saw, dremel, 5 min epoxy resin, small (18 watt Antax in my case) soldering iron, 60/40 solder, liquid flux, a largeish smoothish file (I use a 10" lathe file that is handy...you want a reasonably smooth file, not a bastard (1), a 2x8 (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dream rails

In (...) I _think_ that it can be done for rather less than what Lego is quoting, but it would require some special conversion pieces. IIRC, in the mid 80's, GEM (a UK model railway co) and the TT society made a track base mold for TT for ~1000 UKP. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I want to expand my track layout

(...) Hello Jonathan- Personally, I enjoy watching a train run along the longest straight possible, so my advice would be to just keep adding as many straights as you have room. Currently, I am of the KISS mindset for train track layouts (Keep It (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I want to expand my track layout

(...) It's ultimately up to how much space you have, what your budget it, and what you want to do. I recommend playing with Track Designer to get a few interesting layouts you'd like to build that fit in your space and then trying to find a (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Getting diagonal track to line up properly?

(...) If you're trying to keep things squared up, the two magic numbers are 7 and 11. which is to say, a corner that keeps straights lined up with the normal Lego geometry can be one of 3 things: 4 curves 1 curve, 11 straights, 3 curves 2 curves, 7 (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Getting diagonal track to line up properly?

(...) Really clever! I purchased an HO sample layout book, and spent some time with Track Designer trying to convert them into similar versions with Lego track. The 30-degree crossovers were the hardest to figure out how to emulate. These sorts of (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  I want to expand my track layout

Currently I have all the track from my 4561 plus 1 pack straight track. What track should I buy next to get the most "bank for my buck" when it comes to expanding my layout and making it bigger (given that its something I only setup when I am (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dream rails

(...) FEBRUARY ?? Geez! While I appreciate wanting a nice live audience for a public unveiling, couldn't you at least snap a few pics for us and whip up a brief post? I've been wondering if these kind of mods have been tried before, and what methods (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact