 Trains / 18309
Re: Shay #5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 18:00:43 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Lewis Valentine writes:

Here are some pictures to my new Shay #5

Wonderful MOC, Lewis-- great attention to details!  As I was pouring over your
pics, it struck me that you have cleverly built past minifig scale to around
1:29.  Though you are 8 wide, Shays were a little over 9 feet wide.  Also,
Shays ran on narrow gauges, so utilizing LEGO gauge pushes you upscale as well,
sort of like the popular scale On3, where you'd model in O scale (1:48), but
use HO scale track to simulate 30" gauge rails.

Excellent work-- an instant classic!

-John