 Trains / 18283 (-20)
  Re: Getting diagonal track to line up properly?

(...) It's pretty much impossible actually. I'd like to be able to just side-step a track in by one straight's length (16 studs) for a layout, but the only way to do it with correct geometry is to branch it in with a point and leave the straight-on (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Getting diagonal track to line up properly?

Are there any web pages which have a study of how to line up Lego train layouts with diagonal track? That is, I want a little more freedom in my layout than forcing it to always use ninety-degree curves and parallel/perpendicular tracks, but I've (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dream rails

(...) Interesting idea, but wouldn't that require them to have all the ABS particle-thingys? Though with only 1 color, it might still be workable. Atlas has already made two other scales of track and has been around for over 50 years (I think), so (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Reminder: MonLUG and ParLUGment's joint Train Show this weekend

Hello, I'm proud to announce MonLUG's third and ParLUGment's second participation in a Montreal Area train show. It will be held at Georges-Vanier High School in Laval (just north of Montreal) on Saturday, November9th from 10am to 5pm and Sunday, (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.town)

  Re: New Lime/Green railcar set

(...) I'm not sure of modern US nomenclature. In the old days internal combustion self propelled cars were called railcars. Budd brought out a particular implementation that they called the RDC or Rail Diesel Car which I've seen used as an (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dream rails

(...) Good idea - though are we a big enough market even for that? Either way, as Jason S says, they need to get Lego trains in model rail shops. Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Lime/Green railcar set

(...) Over here it's called a Multiple Unit. Abbreviated to DMU, EMU or DEMU according to the type of power used. Psi (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Promoting our hobby (through greater online presence)

(...) I don't think there's anything to debate! Although it's sort of chicken/egg if the market grows, we'll eventually get better track from somewhere. (LEGO(r), or someone else) As to your idea of ringing in to other rail oriented rings, sounds (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Santa Fe Render

Looks cool Tim. I'll have to get you and Kevin to show me how this works one of these days. Jeff (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Promoting our hobby (through greater online presence)

Good points Harvey, the more we get the word out the more it legitimizes "L" gauge. As for pictures of the club layouts etc. our works stand on their own. They must blow away model RR'ers that have never seen us at a GATS! SteveB PNLTC (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Lime/Green railcar set

Oh, some specs... Size: 6 studs wide, 44 studs long Special color elements: Each car takes 40 2x4 bricks and 8 1x3 bricks in lime Windows: Main row of windows: SNOT 7x 1x2x2 clear panels (14 in all) Double windows on ends: SNOT 2x 1x2 clear* bricks (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Promoting our hobby (through greater online presence)

We all know how our trains are scene stealers at shows such as GATS and all. Important as it is in spreading the news of our great hobby, we must also reach out to our model railroad friends online as well. I have taken my mediocre site and joined a (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New Lime/Green railcar set

I'm not sure what a set of three coaches running under their own power is called... Lar? Anyway here are some deep links to a lime green, green, & black livery 3 car set. cab: (URL) consist: (URL) real version: (URL) life version (HO anyway): (URL) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dream rails

...than why not Atlas or some other model RR company produce "L" gauge track. Why not one of us? Why not hand spike "L" gauge track using model RR materials? Lots of out-of-the-box ideas here... The construction criteria for LEGO elements with the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dream rails

(...) He didn't quote prices, but given how he was talking about the need to make huge quantities for them to earn something, and my own experience in making molds, I'd say at least 50,000 for the 2 curves, not including the assembly stuff to put (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dream rails

(...) What did Brad say the molds would cost? -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dream rails

(...) Wow those would be fantastic. Most of us have more curves than we know what to do with, but those would certainly get us salivating. Dream rails indeed, they are delightful. Nice work. -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dream rails

(...) Might as well have done 72 as well, ne? (...) Very nice work! I especially liked the switch! (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dream rails

(...) This would be so cool... just the 56 would already be nice, but having 88 and 104 , either as replacements or additional, would be awesome! Only problem I see is that we'll need a bigger hall at LEGOWorld 2003 for the train layout ;) (...) Now (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Dream rails

Hi guys, I just put on brickshelf some pics of wish-lego-produced-them rails. These images are made from Autocad 14 and exported as bitmap images,then converted to gif images with Photo Editor. (URL) you can see 4 different curves. They all cover a (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact