 Trains / 18276
Re: Promoting our hobby (through greater online presence)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 03:19:50 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:
We all know how our trains are scene stealers at shows such as GATS and all.
Important as it is in spreading the news of our great hobby, we must also
reach out to our model railroad friends online as well.

I have taken my mediocre site and joined a handful of rail-orientated
webrings, generating a fair amount of interest from people (the hit counter
doesn't lie) who used to think that 'HO scale' was the only acceptable way
to model trains. As I visit other websites, I sign their guestbook with my
site URL and have gotten my share of positive responses.

Perhaps at this grass-roots level, we can broaden the horizons of
awareness...we may yet see wider radius curves and switches in the 9V track
line someday.

Will anyone care to debate on this issue? (so I don't feel like I'm talking
to a brick wall)

I don't think there's anything to debate! Although it's sort of chicken/egg
if the market grows, we'll eventually get better track from somewhere.
(LEGO(r), or someone else)

As to your idea of ringing in to other rail oriented rings, sounds like its
working better than some of my earlier crossover attempts did.