 Trains / 18209
  Track geometry in real life - need resources

Hi all, Can someone please indicate me a good on-line resource where I can find track diagrams from REAL stations, depots, junctions and such? I am interested in knowing how designers have overcome awkward limitations to the possible geometries. (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) I have some drawings of a dutch railway station, fairly large though. What I have learned so far is that they even resort to building special points "on the spot" so as far as geometry goes (I've seen 3 different point angles so far in this (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) Full size plans are rather hard to come by. Best idea is to visit stations that are like what you intend on modeling. Full size track is far more flexable than lego. You can have everything up to interlaced crossing/turnouts...not common, but (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) here is an example of one: (URL) this site: (URL) (go up a level for countless other fallen flag rr's) I've explored a lot of the Erie-Lackawanna section and he has many other scans of track plans for yards and stations. Just dig around on the (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) Made a scan for you from the Hengelo depot the way it was around 1990... (URL) (around 400 kb) Hope this helps. (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) :-( That is the tough part... all the (few) train stations near my home have a relatively simple design. Which in itself is probably good, but not for my present study. (...) I do understand that "true" track has a lot more flexibility than (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) Thank you very much for these links! I've already found a couple *large and complicated* yards (Buffalo comes to mind) when browsing the site minutes ago, and it sure looks promising - there is work for me in here for plenty of time! Pedro (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) Sure does! Thank you very much. This plan is especially good for its clarity in the schemes - I wonder if there is a worldwide "standard" for representing tracks? Pedro (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) The last set I bought (OS 25"/mile maps) cost me ~$120 CDN (50 UKP). For a relatively simple station, the maps were expensive (they are reprints, of respectively, a 1865 and a 1905 map of Long Marton, on the S&C Railway) (...) (URL) dug up a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Signalling (was: Track geometry in real life - need resources)

Well not really relevant to the topic, but an interesting site I found while browsing for info ... (URL) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) I have several such maps... Most of these are done in a 1:1000 scale, but they are all Dutch so I can only say that it's a standard drawing for the Netherlands (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)