 Trains / 16328 (-20)
  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Nice of you to say. And you reminded me, Brendan (since you were at BricksWest), that while Ross is in the proverbial spotlight here, I should post pics of the name badge he made for me for the name badge competition at BricksWest which I (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

(...) I got that much from reading the thread. I was hoping that John might have some advice or tips for those of us who do not have access to a computer controlled milling machine. >> Mark << (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Taking monorails a step further

This link may interest some of you.... (URL) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

<snip> (...) I think this pretty well sums up the process, quoting from Larry P. "They're JUST 1x2 bricks. It's not like he was cutting up monorail bases, people.... (oops, better not give him any ideas, he has a computer controlled milling machine (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

John & Ross- Wow! Wow! Wow! When I looked at the Brickself page with the capsule images, I first thought the engine pictures were reference images of real thing. It wasn't until I clicked to look at them full size that I realized they were LEGO. Vey (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

(...) Would you mind elaborating on how you make your parts, tools used, etc? >> Mark << (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Lego Train Display May 4th & 5th Elgin, IL.

Just a note to let anyone in the Northern Illinois area know that I will be having a Lego train display setup this weekend, in conjunction with the 11th Annual Last Chicago CoCoFest. The show is for classic TRS-80 Color Computers, and isn't a train (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Thanks for the kind words, Ben! I suppose you'll forgive him for building 8 wide, because of his extensive use of SNOT? ;-) I told Ross that you are the "April Fool's guy from Germany" and he laughed-- he is an admirer of your MOCs as well! (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Thanks, James. It's really great (for me) to see you "pillars" say so:-) -John (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) High praise indeed, HoMa-- and it's 8 wide to boot, na ja? :-) It's good to hear from you and see that you are still lurking about-- I fear that you Deutschers are having too much fun in 1000Steine and have no time for the rest of us in (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Good for him! (start'em early:-) BTW-- it was good to meet your Ross at BricksWest! (...) The ones I took from that angle didn't turn out so hot. I'll have to take some more. (...) Ahem. As Lar pointed out, it *is* 8 wide. But as for his (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  50 ft railbox car

here is a design for a modern boxcar (URL) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Um, I think it IS 8 wide. Parental bad influence and all that. :-) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  The philosophy of manual uncoupling

Hello all, If you guys are like me, you are a bit frustrated with the practice of uncoupling train cars by grabbing one car in each hand and pulling them apart. Model railroaders call that the HOG [1] switcher. It is certainly unprototypical. While (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

Outstanding! Love the Loco. Congats to Ross. Now my Ross wants to build one too! 'Got any photos of the top? Is there an 8-wide version coming? {:^D Nice use of SNOT for the cab, and particularly the black macaroni for the boiler with handrail (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

(...) You do remember how John got into trains, don't you James? IIRC it started when he *won* the very first Super Chief at BricksWest! You could say he entered the world of trains through the caboose;-) -John (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Timesaver Layout

Hello all, I would like to announce my version of John Allen's Timesaver railroad switching game. The folder is at: (URL) contains Rules, a track diagram, a materials list, and some useful information for setting up and running a Timesaver. My track (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

(...) I wouldn't say "caught" about it. I'm really impressed. (...) Your modification is so good to make me look twice and really second guess what the heck that is. (...) Curious awnry folk. Hmmm... Welcome to trains! later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Trains are fun! (was Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window)

(...) Out of the mouths of babes... (...) Dire threats? Where? Who me??? They're JUST 1x2 bricks. It's not like he was cutting up monorail bases, people.... (oops, better not give him any ideas, he has a computer controlled milling machine and he's (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

Oops, sorry. I forget that there's a "recent" browser. I had plunked these pics on brickshelf as a means of communicating them to someone specific. So yeah, you caught me. I make a lot of special parts - that certainly isn't a Lego brand train (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact