 Trains / 15363 (-20)
  No big Deal: B-Unit for 10020 Super Chief

Hi all! I think I cannot be the first one to have built it, but the amout of postings made me giving up - usually I read everything at lugnet trains but the amout of postings during the last week was too much for my free time ... Anyway: maybe you (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib

(...) In fact it is! But Homa had a lot of work with collecting the bricks for his first Desert Express train. Later he had to collect every single brick once again to build a perfect copy of his first train. I think his free flight and travel on (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  I was wrong! Also, please see this James

(...) Oops.. I'm not. The little bag with the tile was still in the box... I'm actually 5841. James, please change my submission. I'm just a kid, anyway:-) John Kruer (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 Wide State of the Art Advancement?

(...) THANK YOU!, I've tried it before, almost exactly that way, but it kept interfering with the turing radis... Let me go try again... Josh (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

(...) <snip> Mamma Mia! There you trainheads go again... -Shiri XFUT .o-t.pun, and please don't kill me. ;-) Two posts to .train in one day! For shame! (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib

(...) And a giant sized LEGO HoMa posing above the real life Loco, to get the scale effect! :-P Pedro (very happy for HoMa's success) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  I Got # 27!

I got # 27! Its going to appear on the registry on their next update. As far as I know, its the lowest number. Pictures soon... Still building it. John Kruer (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

(...) Also, wasn't that light actually red, as in the "red planet"? I know the Hiawatha Atlantics were retrofitted with red mars lites after they were taken out of mainline service. -John (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

Or you would say "running A-B-B-A". Now it appears to me that TLC was specifically modeling an F7 in the 300 class (nos. 300-316). If that is so, those particular Super Chiefs ran A-B-B... -John (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Unlimitted Santa Fe in about 2 weeks

Just got of the phone with someone from Lego. I had placed my order for 5 10020's, but they reduced it to three (they emial me to inform me of this, I placed the order online). This is now the max. units one can buy. According to the salesperson (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sante Fe Number

(...) John, You'll have to get your "mum" to actually open the sf box to see what the number is. Inside she'd find a small parts bag with two red 1x2 tiles, one will have the number. jt (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Is the word out? (Was Re: 10020 Registry opinion)

(...) Well if anything the SF registry will show us that we ("LUGNET members") are quite the minority in the LEGO market. I doubt we'd ever come close to having all 10,000 listed. I'd be surprised if we ever broke 2,000. And like you stated, a lot (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Sante Fe Number

My train has arrived, sort of, I'm in Italy and will be until April, so it will have to stay with my Mum in the UK till then, I've tried to get her to find the reference number, but she doesn't know where, can anyone tell me where the number can be (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  8 Wide State of the Art Advancement?

Scope these out: (URL) Milwaukee Road Geep has been seen before I think but the boxcars might be new (or else i missed them). I'm not sure I agree with the roof choices made but what I think is especially notworthy is the corner step below the grab (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek writes: snip (...) I think that was the name of the manufacturer - the Mars Signal Light Company - Bob (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

(...) That squares with my recollection. For whatever reason, the oscillating ones (which were designed to increase safety at grade crossings, IIRC) were sometimes called "Mars" lights. No idea why. ++Lar (who is kind of amazed at the trivia he's (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is the word out? (Was Re: 10020 Registry opinion)

(...) In hindsight: Too bad LEGO(R) didn't include a "registration card" in the Super Chief box to be sent back to LEGO for such a documentation record. But, perhaps LEGO already thought of this and deemed it too much work to keep track of (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: transcript is up (Santa Fe B-Unit)

(...) You could but 2 extra Chiefs to build 1 B-unit, as Sandy Kostow did (see (URL) ). But it is a great offer... Jeroen (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib

(...) One of the coolest events in fan MOC LEGO(R) train history! Congrats, HoMa. Looks like you had an awesome trip. I'm looking forward to seeing more photos from the trip. later, James Mathis (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

(...) yes that's true. the upper light is the only one that is lightable. (...) Not really, the lower light is on the SNOT part of the engine construction on a 1x2 center stud tile. (...) Actually, I believe the reverse is protptypical. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact