 Trains / 15008 (-20)
  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) Looking good! I'm waiting until I get my Super Cheif, then I'll match it with a B unit, & maybe buy another A, then build the cars... Here's a lil more: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thanks, and a question (Used to be: How did James Mathis make his tilting trains?)

(...) Your welcome, Josh (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  A kKddies Feeble Attempt at an ETR480

A 12 year olds first try at an ETR480- (URL) first CAD train. (No tilting device yet) John Henry Kruer (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe (10020) registry?

(...) Hey!, I'd signup when I order mine! Josh (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) Now whether the engines will be numbered individually or just numbered 27 as shown on the picture is what bothers me. I don't think you can fit 9,999 on a sticker meant for a 1x2 tile. Or they could number the certificate 1 through 9,999 and (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thanks, and a question (Used to be: How did James Mathis make his tilting trains?)

(...) Never mind. Kevin Loch said I could use my dad's information to use Brickshelf... Also, the APT is going to have to wait... I'm ordering more windows and doors. HOWEVER yesterday I've just finished my ETR 480v.1 on MLCAD. I'm waiting for my (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Surprise, new train set

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> Thanks to Kevin's post reminding me of this resource, here's a blue/yellow warbonnet... (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Larger street scene for Greenburg Show

Tom, it looks great! I'm really glad to see Dunkin Donuts back and the KFC is cool too. Perhaps you could creat a Bison County...now that we have a rat element that we can use, it would be just like the real thing! Actually, now that I think of it, (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) Nice. May I suggest that your underbody needs to be busier. Instead of just a plain darkgrey set of slopes, put some mechanicals, plumbing and tankage down there. Underbodies typically housed stuff like generators (if the train didn't have (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) I didn't see that they were going to include a Certificate of Authenticity, just that the set was going to be numbered. ROSCO: I doubt that they consider the Guild of Bricksmiths(tm) a threat, but one does wonder. We're small potatoes but (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) I'm not sure. I can't say they definitively didn't ever do red/yellow/black striping but my experience agrees with yours, only plain with black lettering. No one has yet commmented that the stripe that was chosen was only yellow instead of (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Santa Fe (10020) registry?

I was thinking of starting a Santa Fe global registry so that we can track who and where all the new engines are located. It would be a simple list that included engine number, owner's name and optional email and location. The idea would be when (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  James is God, was: Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:GrLJrx.L52@lugnet.com... (...) Sorry James, but you are. I have just got to grips with your APT (and have incorporated it's nose into a more conventional multiple unit) and now you have blown (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) ..or on their website? Why do the americans always get all the fun (first0 ? Mark -still crossing his fingers- de Kock (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) I was wondering the same thing. It doesn't show up on the S@H website, not even on the USoA part... Mark -crossing his fingers- de Kock (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) Maybe they see the GoB as a threat, and want to compete 8?) On another note, I wonder if they will be available outside the US? ROSCO (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) I just quickly modified one of my Amfleet coaches to go with the Super Cheif: (URL) differences? It's 39 studs long instead of 40, no corrougated above the windows, new window pattern, and the windows are one plate taller. Oh yeah, and no (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) out! Funny, I am also at this point. I have checked various books from libraries to give me ideas but I just don't have the building skills (I have the parts, though) to create an engine nose piece like an F7 that I am happy with. Just minutes (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) I don't know, Ben. I don't think James has the heart to invest so much time into designing a DOMESTIC model such as the chief. He's much to brainwashed with that European bug. :^) Actually, I'm sure quite a lot of inspiration came from James (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) True..I was going to respond to this but you beat me to it. However, since your the expert, Larry, answer this question for me. I have seen a model of the super chief made in O scale by Lionel that had the yellow, red, and black strips (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact