 Trains / 14608 (-10)
  Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!

(...) Super -- thanks bunches. There is indeed a lot of great info there. Mostly, I was interested in pre-sale concerns -- that is, what should I think about before I buy. But I do think the FAQ will come in handy, so thanks for pointing it out. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!

(...) Hi Paul! Welcome to LUGNET! (...) Larry has already pointed the way in his post, I thought I'd just add a line: Try searching on www.brickshelf.com for the trains that have been discontinued, if you intend to add some of these to your (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!

(...) Take a look through the resources that you see on the front page of the group via the web interface: (URL) is a lot of info there... ESPECIALLY pore over the FAQ. It answers all of your questions posed in this post... Cary did an amazing job (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More Loops at shows...

(...) I love my flashing lighted fire trucks.In our show this past weekend instead of my normal building on fire seen I did a firefighter funeral seen with the fire trucks leading the caisson down the street in front of griswold place.We had ALOT of (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!

(...) Oops! LUNGET = LUGNET. Professional editors don't make fewer mistakes, they just catch them before anyone else does. Paul (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!

Hi, everyone! I've recently renewed my interest in LEGO and have joined LUNGET and to help me catch up on 25 years of LEGO mania. My name is Paul Klenk and I'm from New York City (live in Kew Gardens, Queens; work in midtown Manhattan). I've always (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More Loops at shows...

(...) Yes, anything that moves is good. We've also had moving playground equipment, carnival rides, the rising of the great pumpkin, and other little details. Unfortunately, we've only posted still images on the site. I've got to make sure to (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More Loops at shows...

(...) I really liked (I think?) Calum's lighthouse at rtlToronto Train1, with it's rotating light (URL) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) I've been told that hauling this much weight (which applies to either arrangement) can be really bad for the motors. What experience do you have with this? Do the motors take it well? -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) I would actually be somewhat pleased if I got it apart and couldn't get it working again but still got it together as something for playing with a multi-car train with a dummy motor providing some of the connection. Think: monorail-car motor (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact