 Trains / 14257
Re: HP Hogwarts Express and normal 9V trains?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:00:25 GMT

Hello!

Excuse me for being dense, but I'd like to make sure I understand this:

In lugnet.harrypotter, Frank Filz writes:

If there's any truth to the licensing, then they've certainly done the
next best thing. Make a non-train train set with parts which minimize
the cost, but provide instructions for how to use your own train parts
(or parts from S@H) to turn it into a real train.

So if I'd give my kids the HP train, they'd have to cannibalize their existing
9V set in order to put the HP on the rails (not to mention motorization)?

Or I'd have to buy more 9V-set parts??

And that at a price of FIM 390 (ca. US$ 65), for the HP set??

And tracks fitting the unmodified HP train do not exist at all???

Talk about synergy...

If that is true, I'm glad I found and read this thread before I bought..

(I also think that the box is then pretty misleading: It has an icon showing
tracks with a red X over them, so you know no tracks included. That's ok, of
course, but they are indistinguishable*) from 9V tracks, and lead one to assume
those will do nicely...)

*) for LEGO-muggles at least...

Thanks for any info / advice.

Best regards,