 Trains / 14001
Re: BR18 Steam Locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:39:59 GMT

Phew, glad I'm not alone.  My real concern is the "coal" in the tender.  Having
the engine roll over doesn't intimidate me too much, nor do the inevitable
repairs that might be necessary.  The prospect of crawling around chasing 1x1
plates, though ... while there are certainly some times when I might imagine a
worm's eye view of the world is, emm, inspirational [1], I'd rather not spend
my day chasing down faux coal pieces.

I created a one-piece "prefab" coal insert to put in my tender.
Basically a plate with bits stuck onto it to make it look like a
"mound" of coal, but is actually one piece, easily removed and
replaced.  Works like a charm.

Robin