 Trains / 14000
Re: BR18 Steam Locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:34:46 GMT

I finished my German BR18 Steam Locomotive this weekend, and managed to take
some photos.  They're posted on my Brickshelf Gallery:

Beautiful work!  The challenges and problems all look and sound very
familiar to me, since I had to work through them all for my Hogwarts
Express train.  I had worked up several really nice cylinder and
piston configurations, but all of them eventually would seize up, or
fall off after a short period of actually running on a layout.  I
decided that this was unacceptable for our show layout, so I just
decided to leave them off.  The main problem, of course, is that "one
stud" connection on the large red spoked wheels.  It's just not strong
enough to hold on to anything for too long, and inevitably breaks
loose.

Really gorgeous loco!

Robin