 Trains / 13988
Re: BR18 Steam Locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 12:41:05 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Holger Matthes writes:
Getting these monsters through curves and pistons ist a real problem. I
spend quite some time experiementing on my BR 10 design:

As the 4-6-2 configuration is the same, we develloped similar solutions. But
having space for the pistons is even a greater challenge ...

Ahhh, *now* you tell me!! :)  Seriously, I definitely your design as I was
looking for various solutions to the problem.  I just noticed how the color
scheme is designed to extend onto the truck though - very nice!

It does, however, have a
tendency to derail when run too fast.

Ohh, I know that problem very weel. My BR 10 can't go through curves in full
speed. But pulling 5 coaches, there is no problem.

Go for some coaches!

Hmmmm, I might just go ahead and do this!  I had thought I was all done, but
now you've gone and filled my head with other ideas.  In fact, I'm actually
seeing this as an opportunity to use one of the many many colors I hardly ever
work with - which is to say, a color other than grey and black!

Thanks for the compliments, and thanks for the idea,

-s