 Trains / 11883
  Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

Thanks everyone for your patient inquiries... PNLTC confirms that we will be hosting an Ambassador Train on the L2K1 layout this August 4-5 at LEGOLAND California. I'll be heading this task myself. In order to streamline the process and fit a tight (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

Is anyone else taking their Ambassador cars to Brickfest? I'm trying to see how many different events around the country I can get our NGLTC box car to visit. I've actually started making little stickers to go on the back of the car that list the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) Regretably, MichLTC won't be bringing ours. The thing just got built last nite and isn't married to its stickers yet, which are in a different state. Logistics would be challenging, I suspect. However I would ask, can other groups use your (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

I don't mind sharing the cost of FedEx'n the cars, but the only problem is the return trip. I think Dan was planning on using the original package to return each car, if I send them all in the same box then Dan would have to find a box to ship each (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) I think I can hack a way around that! (we may be able to get our car to Brickfest after all) I have till Friday to architect a solution, ne?. It may involve sending packaging inside the box. My original box was going to be priority mail (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) Are there any pictures of any of the cars? After waiting a month to see the pics, and then waiting a few days more so I wouldn't have to wait interminably long for individual pics to load (Brickshelf is way faster, even when it's just used as (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) One thing I thought of after posting this, now that we have some club or another having a show most every month, maybe we could send ALL the ambassador cars directly from one club to the next instead of each club sending their own in and (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) Are there any build specs for the Ambassador cars? 6 wide? 8 wide? How high? etc... This would be both good for groups that want to build cars and who want to ensure there are clearances for the cars on their layouts. Dean (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) I don't believe any formal specs have been laid down. Dan did say in the post at the top of this string to stay within certain boundaries and to go for ruggedness rather than fanciness. The MichLTC car uses a drop center wagon plate (no (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

Larry, I did see a picture of you car and a few of the others in this shot: (URL) I don't see the NGLTC one, it must have been before the GFLTC car. jt (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) 6 wide does seem best right now for roving rolling stock... (...) This is good unless we have to ship it to the UK or someplace horrid. Being in Canada the groups would have to be instructed on exactly how to fill out a Customs form so as not (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) Ya, I forgot about the UK... If and when they sent a car over we could worry then. As for US/Canada interfacing, not that I am advocating smuggling, mind you, but one COULD just mail it to someone in a border town and have them drive across (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

Another idea would be to instead of sending the cars around the country would be for clubs to trade cars with each other. Each club make up a design and replicated it, then trade with other clubs for their ambassador cars. Probally need to glue the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) Funny thought:-) Or, maybe we could assemble all of the clubs logos together and make a sticker sheet so that they could all be placed on a *Club Car* of the particular club's design. That would save the hassles and expense of shipping and (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) Good idea. Makes particular sense for clubs that show fair bit to be recepients... and for clubs that have the resources to afford to send out several cars to be the senders. Still could have a traveling box for the smaller clubs that only (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) I like this idea; I have cool visions of a line of boxcars going by.... "NALUG"..."VLC"..."PNLTC"... and so forth. James (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

I thought about the sticker idea too, but then I think you loose the some of the "flavor" of the club cars. On of the cool things about them is that each club is represented by more than just a sticker (or logo) but by a style used to create such a (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) How so? I thought you were too busy to take on new projects? You've been too busy even to answer my mail, in fact. (we all are, no doubt) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)