 Trains / 12174
Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 19:03:30 GMT

I don't mind sharing the cost of FedEx'n the cars, but the only problem is
the return trip. I think Dan was planning on using the original package to
return each car, if I send them all in the same box then Dan would have to
find a box to ship each back in, and I don't think he's going to want to do
that.

jt

--
James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:
Is anyone else taking their Ambassador cars to Brickfest? I'm trying to • see
how many different events around the country I can get our NGLTC box car • to
visit. I've actually started making little stickers to go on the back of • the
car that list the events it's traveled too. So far its the GMLTC at the
Kidvention, and PNLTC for the world record event. I'm hoping to keep • sending
the same car around the country for a while and not have to build a
replacement or a second one.

Regretably, MichLTC won't be bringing ours. The thing just got built last
nite and isn't married to its stickers yet, which are in a different • state.
Logistics would be challenging, I suspect.

However I would ask, can other groups use your Fedex box at show
conclusion??? Fedex has a high initial cost but additional weight is a • small
increment. Hence your cost may be reduced if you seek additional freight!

(downside is in case of loss (extremely unlikely) more groups lose their • stuff)

++Lar