 Trains / 11680
Re: 9V Train track DAT files?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 04:02:32 GMT

Let me just first clear up a slight misconception... I wasn't trying to say
that either Chris OR James were doing anything wrong with theier use of
unofficial track models or anything like that.

I agree with Chris that the "wheel shiny" color is probably too shiny for
the rail... that rail is kind of a dull shiny. Typical Stainless Steel,
whereas the wheel almost looks chrome plated to my somewhat untrained eye.

I was toying with using the 9v track in my renderings (you can see them all
at the www.miltontrainworks.com site) but since someone else (Bram, thank
you very much Bram) put the render macros to gether for me, he went with the
12V/4.5v track and it looks fine to me anyway. Maybe not to a purist.

++Lar