 Trains / 10616
  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

Followups here too because I thought the whole sticker discussion is surely a general thing, and I'm really curious to see what others think of stickers I'm *really* warming up to them lately. I've been tempted (especially after getting a 8448) to (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) Well I think you know how I stand now :-). I do understand the other side of the debate though because up until about 7 or 8 months ago I was strongly in the anti-sticker camp. I didn't even think LEGO stickers should be used. In some cases I (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) only thing that I don't like to do is paint or cut LEGO bricks, but to each his own. Chris (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) Years ago, I used to always use the Lego stickers. But one day I realized that I don't have to put on the stickers unless doing so actually added something to the _piece_. I generally don't care if it adds something to the _model_ because I (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  ....stickers

I like to use stickers for logo-ing, and only when it can't be done in elements. Like the Americanna store logos are done in brick because there is a large area. I never use stickers for striping (except maybe on train doors), or use stickers for (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: ....stickers

(...) Can you elaborate on what you mean by that? ++Lar (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: ....stickers

(...) Steve and I conversed breifly on this related subject recently, as I was inquiring about the stickers on set 400 at www.bricworx.com: My question of him: "The instructions look quite detailed, but I'm curious about whether you've included (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: ....stickers

Ed covered part of it. As I outlined my personal point-of-view of stickers in the last post, it was hard to decide what to offer. Our personal tastes may not always align with what's best overall for a model design. And there are the perceptions of (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)